Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Weekend w/ 6volt batteries

Murphy8166

We took boat out on Saturday and it was the first time out this year. Lake was full, air was 85 and water was 70.

The batteries were set up so that everything would run from the pair of 6v's and the Optima 34m would just be used in case of the 6v's failing or being depleted. I had some concerns that the 6v's would not be able to deliver the amperage needed to start the boat...no concerns at all anymore. Plenty of cranking power.

The 6v's handled that operation of the stereo (roughly 2900 watts), the starting of the boat and the Malivue without any hiccups.

I will post up some pictures of the setup in about two weeks. I went with a setup similar to Vince's where the backup battery was tucked way up underneath the observers are against the front wall and then the two 6v's were housed in a box that is currently being carpeted.

It only took one weekend for me to become a fan of this setup and it does not take up as much room as I thought. My next steps are to finish carpeting the box, mount the box and install a charger.

So I have 240 amp hours and paid about $300 for it....does not get much better than that. The 240 does not include the Optima backup battery.

Edited by Murphy8166
  • Like 2

My boat is so heavy on the left side with the SRM29's, 4 batterys in there total, its hard to surf goofy. what are the exact specs of your golf battery box? Do you think it would fit well in the walk thru between the consoles?

So how much more play time did you get with the 6 volts vs the 12 volts or is this a brand new setup. I'm looking into this as I want to get more party time out of my stereo.

Good to know Murphy, I just picked mine up at Exile today, Sounded amazing in the Parking lot, I have not had a chance to test the 6V, But Bobby Light was the one who helped me with my set up, He had been running this for quite a while and said it worked awesome!!! And your right they dont take up that much room at all, Lets see some pic's