Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

flexable impellar pumps discharge under boat.

cowwboy

My buddy just got a mb with a aux plug&play pump that uses the intake to discharge from under the hull.

I was wondering if I could get rid of my intake pump in my bu and put a ballast puppy in place of it and then have one intake and dual drain pumps that way.

I always thought that the flex pumps couldn't push against the water flow if you were driving across the lake and didn't want to have a system that you had to be stopped to drain. Seems we are always draining while going back to the launch ramp.

My buddy just got a mb with a aux plug&play pump that uses the intake to discharge from under the hull.

I was wondering if I could get rid of my intake pump in my bu and put a ballast puppy in place of it and then have one intake and dual drain pumps that way.

I always thought that the flex pumps couldn't push against the water flow if you were driving across the lake and didn't want to have a system that you had to be stopped to drain. Seems we are always draining while going back to the launch ramp.

why would you wnat to? just to speed up dumping ballast?

Yes,

I'm thinking of doing multiple flex impellar pumps or doing the rule 3kgph pump to speed up working with 1100 bags.

Been thinking about playing with making a pump housing out of ptfe or converting one to a vane style of pump also.

That is an interesting idea, it would save you from having to run a separate drain line and from drilling drain holes, etc. I was thinking of doing this with a vented system, just teeing into the existing vent lines and adding a check valve. I think it would work just fine....

That goes back to a whole lot more pipping.

We did that setup on his centurion and wasn't to pleased with the pain in the rear.

Thats why I was leaning twords a single in/out using my existing from the mls under the hull.

dont forget you can use those 2 "drains" where those big brass T handle plugs go.....Wakemakers can make you a setup that screw right into those exisiting "drains" using the reversibles...a few folks on here have done it...

Then you're still pushing the water out against the static pressure from the hull's forces. That and two check valves and extra hoses.

I think I should just suck it up and throw the spare water puppy I have in and see how it does.