Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Novel idea for trailer

bamabonners

I was helping my dad clean his bass boat today (brand-name of Bass Cat). Bass Cat put a nice step on the front of the trailer and a pole to help get in and out of the nose of the boat easier. Why don't more trailers do this? I hate climbing off the bow and trying to hit the slick trailer.

Step%20with%20pole.jpg

Makes sense on a pontoon boat. But I just don't need to be getting on & off the boat thru the bow on an inboard, whether it's on the trailer or not.

:plus1:

I never get in my boat through the nose when it's on the trailer, but my Extreme trailer came with what they called "Shark Fin Steps" on the back of the trailer and it makes it so much easier to get in the boat from the back. If I ever buy another boat, it will have the same type of steps even if I have to make them. You can see them coming off of the back of the trailer here:

IMG_0686.jpg

Makes sense on a pontoon boat. But I just don't need to be getting on & off the boat thru the bow on an inboard, whether it's on the trailer or not.

When loading the boat by myself on a busy weekend, I can either wait around for all the wallies to clear the dock or I can load it in the middle of a multi-lane ramp. Being alone, how would one get from the boat to the ground after loading so I can tighten the bow strap and hop in the truck and drive away?

When loading the boat by myself on a busy weekend, I can either wait around for all the wallies to clear the dock or I can load it in the middle of a multi-lane ramp. Being alone, how would one get from the boat to the ground after loading so I can tighten the bow strap and hop in the truck and drive away?

Good point. In that scenario, it might be worthwhile.

At the ramp I normally use, I can load/unload close enough to the dock that I can jump to the engine cover. Obviously not every ramp will have a dock that works that well.

Ran across that scenario this past weekend loading the boat by myself, and actually thought how nice it would be to have a step instead of trying to balance myself walking on the tongue to get over into the bed of my truck and then hop in the cab! Looks like a good idea to me if you do it alot, but I usually try to have a competent helper that can back a trailer, but couldn't find one this weekend.