Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good thing the wife was not around.

Sixball

Its been cold and windy rain and snow. I had a small surgical procedure Friday, but may ski bud called. With water at 50 air 52 water near glass. Yepper I am in.

So on my first run I go over the front one quick flip but now skidding on top of the water I look up and see a sea wall coming, trying to dig my fat butt and arms into the water. I hit the wall but had scrubbed off all my speed so no problem. I did get a good run after all the excitement. I got home and checked, all stiches are still good and I have warmed up so it was a good night!

I asked the Doc. Friday when I could ski he said one week. As I was leaving he said you aren’t going to wait a week are you? He said give it a day or two.

• Like 3

lol. 50 degrees. That's like artic. Air 80+ Water 72 and I had to think (not hard or long) as to whether to get in.

martinarcher

lol Good story. :lol: Glad you got the speed bled off before impact! Keeping us out of the water is like sitting a steak in front of a hungry dog....it just isn't going to last long, :whistle:

Absoloutly love it ! I never listen to doctors either, running joke for years. Thanks for the laugh.We been in for some rides as well. Surfs up dude

MalibuNation

You sound like me ... a big kid. Glad you're ok.

I just past the one year mark on my prostate surgery (all is well) and I wasn't suppose to drive for 2 weeks. I had to see the surgeon a week after the surgery and as I was walking out of the office the surgeon says to me, you drove didn't you? With a big smile I said yes and he said I knew it. He's a cool dude.

sound like one of those moments where you pick yourself up really quick, dust yourself off and look around to see if anyone saw you when you should have started with the inventory first. glad you didn't loose your season because of an early season out the front. grip n rip.

Nice! Did you make the low "huuuughh" noise when you hit? That's always my favorite.

Just curious, I have to believe you were the only boat on the lake, which leads me to ask why you were skiing so close to the shore to begin with?

Wow, everything about that post is impressive. Looking up and seeing the seawall is freakin scary, back in my slalom days I had several events with endo's knowing there was a floating raft closeby.

Ditto MSU...how did your driver let you get that close to a seawall? I like how you got back in and finished the run before checking the stitches.

I am 5 weeks post op on the rotator cuff. Here's how the last session went:

"So, when can I do a push up?"

"Yeah, you are like 6 weeks out from that. Maybe wall push ups next week"

(me laughing)"That sounds great. From benching 285 to wall push ups. How far on pull ups?"

"2 months. Don't even think about it. (long pause) You know what, we'll do some weight training today, let's see what you got"

She had me do a range of exercises, with like 5 pounds, all over the place, high reps for an hour. It was absolutely brutal. Sore for 3 days. I will not ask about pushups or pullups again.

Wow, everything about that post is impressive. Looking up and seeing the seawall is freakin scary, back in my slalom days I had several events with endo's knowing there was a floating raft closeby.

Ditto MSU...how did your driver let you get that close to a seawall? I like how you got back in and finished the run before checking the stitches.

I am 5 weeks post op on the rotator cuff. Here's how the last session went:

"So, when can I do a push up?"

"Yeah, you are like 6 weeks out from that. Maybe wall push ups next week"

(me laughing)"That sounds great. From benching 285 to wall push ups. How far on pull ups?"

"2 months. Don't even think about it. (long pause) You know what, we'll do some weight training today, let's see what you got"

She had me do a range of exercises, with like 5 pounds, all over the place, high reps for an hour. It was absolutely brutal. Sore for 3 days. I will not ask about pushups or pullups again.

I warned you!!!! :fingerwag:

Sixball, glad to hear you did not damage the shoreline!

• 2 weeks later...