Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions about 2004 Sunsetter 21XTi

iwski

I am a slalom skier foremost, wakeboarder second, and partier third. I would really like to find an 03-04 Sunsetter LXi but we all know they're extremely hard to find. Have my eye on a 2004 Sunsetter 21XTi but it is out of town and I have never been able to look at one of these boats in person. Can anyone answer the questions below please?? If you have pics of storage lockers, etc. I would love to see them.

1) For slalom skiing, will I dislike the XTi due to limited seating when using the pylon? (one less observer seat with walk-thru and no jump seat)

2) Ski Storage. I prefer to have my skis, especially slalom skis, tucked away out of the sun and secure. Is the driver's side storage under the back seat long enough for a slalom ski? I'm assuming when you lift the seat cushions off the back wrap-around seating there is storage under every seat? Does the storage locker next to the engine continue back to the under seat storage (to fit a ski?) or would it be possible to cut out part of the divider to make this possible?

3) The boat I have an eye on may have the 310hp carbureted engine and I'd really like EFI this time. Any opinions on possible lack of power with 310hp versus 340hp monsoon, besides obvious positive of EFI?

Any other opinions are welcomed and keep in mind my desire to use an XTi for a lot of slalom skiing. Thanks!

That boat is too new to be rocking a carb. I'd pass on that aspect alone...XTi's are not hard to find.

I agree, EFI is a must if I were buying a used boat... Can I ask why a 2003-2004 SLXI when nothing really changed other than the motor and dash from 2000-2004? A good friend of mine has a 2004 XTI and his skis fit fine in the storage next to the motor or in the ski locker. Good luck in your search.

Edited by RockinRod

I agree, EFI is a must if I were buying a used boat... Can I ask why a 2003-2004 SLXI when nothing really changed other than the motor and dash from 2000-2004? A good friend of mine has a 2004 XTI and his skis fit fine in the storage next to the motor or in the ski locker. Good luck in your search.

I agree----no problem with the 1999-2004 Sunsetters....I only said 03-04 because I'm wanting the newest boat I can get in that model because I'm going to keep it a very long time.

My xti has a ski locker in the isle, but if yours doesn't the storage is open from the side of the engine through to under the seats. As far as seating goes, you can always attach the rope to the back of the boat if there is a full house. I say this because you are probably rec skiing if there are a lot of people in the boat and you wouldn't need the pylon. A sunsetter would be the same situation.