Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2012 VTX has arrived!

old skool malibu

My new 2012 VTX has arrived at my dealer (Wizard Lake Marine). I dont have any great pictures yet but here are a few that were taken in Feb when it landed. The boat is progressing nicely with the ballast upgrade. I should have it home shortly and I will post some nicer picks! Thanks to Gord and Ron @ Wizard for making this happen!

7035348449_dd648d0ced.jpg

photo by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

7035348517_e5361b6446.jpg

photo1 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

7035349287_477cc5748a.jpg

IMG00017-20120303-1604 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Edited by old skool malibu

Rob,

Looks great and what will be your ballast setup? Also, I hope your weather has improved as I was in Calgary last Monday and it wasn't boating weather (at least Texas boating weather). :whistle:

i swore off owning black boats, but they sure look good. Yours looks great! I like the decal. Is it an option this year?

You bet, I beleive its called the "agressive" decal option. I am not a big decal guy but this one works for me.

Rob,

Looks great and what will be your ballast setup? Also, I hope your weather has improved as I was in Calgary last Monday and it wasn't boating weather (at least Texas boating weather). :whistle:

Here is the master plan for the ballast set up

- 3 Jabsco Ballast Puppies http://www.wakemaker...board-pump.html

- Premium green impeller http://www.wakemaker...e-impeller.html

-Bosworth Y-Valve http://www.wakemakers.com/bosworth-y-valve.html

- no vent lines

- drain out the sides utilizing check valves http://www.wakemaker...ing-1-inch.html

- 1'' hose and quick connects

- through hull shut off

Pump #1

fill bag in starboard locker only

Pump #2

fill bag on side seats (port and starboard)

utilize Bosworth Y Valve and locate between rear seat and locker so just the handle is visible

2 lines coming from pump each coming out the sides in the rear just above the cup holders

Pump #3

fill bag in front

line to front coming out near the handle in the bow

fill in port locker

utilize Bosworth Y Valve and locate between rear seat and port locker so handle is visible

The set up is designed more for a goofy rider as all 3 pumps will be running when setting up goofy first then we move to regular and run 2 of the pumps.

This has been a warmer than average spring although last weekend we had some significant snow which made for some wicked conditions in the mountains (50cm in 48 hrs).

I hope to be on Lake Windermere in late April or Early may. Typically late May is when people get on the lakes here in AB.

Looks good. the green impellars are key for the jabscos. I have suffered for years with the thicker/stiffer black impellars jamming causing blown fuses in my latest boat and popping breakers in my old boat. As soon as I shifted to the green more plyable, thinner version my problems went away.

When I was planning and ordering my ballast revamp with Gord.. he referred to your set up a coupe of times.. I think they are pretty impressed with your plan too.

When I was planning and ordering my ballast revamp with Gord.. he referred to your set up a coupe of times.. I think they are pretty impressed with your plan too.

Ya it should turn out pretty slick! What are you going with?

Tired of manually filling bags and doing a custom surf sac...designed it off on the ones offered by bakes and wakemakers but with a much different fill and drain philosophy. I stuck with the piranha pumps mainly due to price as I wanted 1500 gph + fill and drain but I think I will add a plug and play option at the front as it is easy to add now when you have everything apart. I am doing the install myself as doing work like that is a hobby... I have as much fun building stuff as I do using it.

Tired of manually filling bags and doing a custom surf sac...designed it off on the ones offered by bakes and wakemakers but with a much different fill and drain philosophy. I stuck with the piranha pumps mainly due to price as I wanted 1500 gph + fill and drain but I think I will add a plug and play option at the front as it is easy to add now when you have everything apart. I am doing the install myself as doing work like that is a hobby... I have as much fun building stuff as I do using it.

I agree..when it works out :) . Once I get the boat I have a big stereo job and leds to install.

I agree..when it works out :) . Once I get the boat I have a big stereo job and leds to install.

should work really well... Gord said he is ordering one for himself so I hope that is vote of confidence.

Thanks Phoenix. We should be in the Shuswap mid June and again early July. It looks like you make it up there as well.

Thanks Phoenix. We should be in the Shuswap mid June and again early July. It looks like you make it up there as well.

Sounds like a good time to make a trip up there. I think we were aiming for second week in July, but I'm always up for another trip in June.

Don