Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for info on a full cover (non towable) for an 06 Vride.

Renowest48

I have a towable but it does not cover the tower or the deck and the boat sits next to my house during the week in the summer. Its wrapped in the winter.

Thanks

I have a towable but it does not cover the tower or the deck and the boat sits next to my house during the week in the summer. Its wrapped in the winter.

Thanks

Mine was made by a local canvas shop and via Water Ski America (Dallas). If you have one made, I have two suggestions - make sure it has air vents and a small access hatch. This is my second one (on two different boats) and mine is used year round.IMG_2509.jpgIMG_2513.jpg

Mine was made by a local canvas shop and via Water Ski America (Dallas). If you have one made, I have two suggestions - make sure it has air vents and a small access hatch. This is my second one (on two different boats) and mine is used year round.IMG_2509.jpgIMG_2513.jpg

This is interesting...who made it? We store our boat the same way, I could see this being very useful.

Looks like it could serve as a tent as well :)

Edited by srintx

This is interesting...who made it? We store our boat the same way, I could see this being very useful.

Looks like it could serve as a tent as well :)

Not sure about a tent but we use it as a changing room quite often :lol:

The folks at Water Ski America had it made for me and I believe it was done by Dallas Canvas. You could ask Tony at Water Ski America or call Dallas Canvas direct.

Not sure about a tent but we use it as a changing room quite often :lol:

The folks at Water Ski America had it made for me and I believe it was done by Dallas Canvas. You could ask Tony at Water Ski America or call Dallas Canvas direct.

Awesome, I'll be calling them in the morning!

Was it something you had made custom or do they make them for anyone?

Any issues with it?

Edited by srintx

Awesome, I'll be calling them in the morning!

Was it something you had made custom or do they make them for anyone?

Any issues with it?

Tony told me they have made a number of similar covers for different customers. No real issues apart from a bit of a learning curve to put it on by yourself. My previous boat was a DD (xTi) and it was much easier than the V Drive as I could stand on the engine cover plus the bimini was not up on the xTi as it is with my LSV. After a bit of practice, my son or I can now put it on without any problems. The only options that I am aware of are - which side do you want the access hatch (I chose the left side due to the dock) and what kind/how many tightening devices (I chose two ratchet devices, one on either side).

Tony told me they have made a number of similar covers for different customers. No real issues apart from a bit of a learning curve to put it on by yourself. My previous boat was a DD (xTi) and it was much easier than the V Drive as I could stand on the engine cover plus the bimini was not up on the xTi as it is with my LSV. After a bit of practice, my son or I can now put it on without any problems. The only options that I am aware of are - which side do you want the access hatch (I chose the left side due to the dock) and what kind/how many tightening devices (I chose two ratchet devices, one on either side).

I have an Evolution Cover that I'm working with Cory on now, but this to me has a different purpose.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by srintx

What was your cover made from? He said he could do it in Sunbrella, seems like that could be very heavy. What are your thoughts?

What was your cover made from? He said he could do it in Sunbrella, seems like that could be very heavy. What are your thoughts?

I'm not sure what material was used but will check this weekend. The cover is heavy but manageable.

Try http://skiboatcovers.com/ I have a full cover for my 09 VLX and I Love it. The cover extends down below the hull giving full sun protection.

Ordered mine from skiboatcovers.com this week. Call and talk to mike.

Mine will cover platform and come all the way down to trailer. Delivery time should be about a week to week and a half. Can't beat that!

Edited by bamabonners