Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bakes custom covers

bamabonners

Anybody use or have opinion of bakes custom cover? Say they are 9 oz fabric, either sunbella or recacril, 5 year warranty, etc...

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1348

I know others love evolution covers, but I didn't get the best experience with them back in the fall and wound up cancelling the order. I am looking for other options.

I have one on my 2007vlx. It has been on there since new and besides washing and re-applying 303 fabric guard one time, I have had no issues. It fits like a glove and tows great - I tow ~2k miles per year. Plus, Paul and team are great to work with.

• Like 1

Anybody use or have opinion of bakes custom cover? Say they are 9 oz fabric, either sunbella or recacril, 5 year warranty, etc...

http://www.bakesonli...il.aspx?ID=1348

I know others love evolution covers, but I didn't get the best experience with them back in the fall and wound up cancelling the order. I am looking for other options.

What happened with Cory? Is it something that can be worked out?

What happened with Cory? Is it something that can be worked out?

Water under the bridge, but nothing major. he was nice and graciously cancelled order and apologized for delay.

I have talked with some local folks, but they haven't done boat covers, so hoping that bakes will be quicker. I am tired of the factory cover.

I bought a cover from skiboatcovers.com. I added the side skirts and the skirt for the swim deck. Got the cover in one week and very happy with it.

Ken

the great lakes cover is great for towing. however, i had the issue with it burning the vinal as mentiond in other cover threads. if you go with Great lakes and are north of southern OH DO NOT GET BLACK.

it does not keep water out very well. unless they have changed their pattern since 09, it will dump in around the tower. it may have changed with the g3 openings?