Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass in 06 Malibus

sandvign

Haven't decided on whether to get the perfect pass option yet or not, I am wondering what new model PP guages look like in the 06 model boats. Does it completely replace one of the 5" gauges, or is it a half gauge like in previous years? If anyone has selected the Perfect Pass option on thier 06 Malibu, please post a pic so I can see what it looks like. THANKS!

Nicholas Sandvig

The ones that I have seen either have the right side 5" gauge replaced with the PP gauge below or have the PP gauge installed in the dog leg that would normally hold the Sony drivers remote.

It's just better,

ease of use, accuracy, cost, system integration.

I would skip the PP, waste of money, unless you need those magnet sensors for running the course.

Can the 06 cruise control be added to an 05 Response Lxi? If so, anyone know how much?

The new 06 cruise control is accuski's layout and format, that has been on the market for years. What makes it new is that it works with the throttle by wire and not off the throttle cable. If you like the layout and use of accuski, you can get a 5" round display (for your rlxi) and it will work "like" the new accuski system. Or, you could look for an MSCAN display (2001 model year), which will integrate many gauges and the accuski control. I'm not saying that accuski is the one making the new systems, but that accuski (and Malibu) have used a 6 button 2 column/row design, and that if you like that layout, it can still be had.

Does anyone with the new '06 system know if you can use the auto pull up feature? That was a really cool selling point of accuski, but wasn't sure whether it made the transition to the TBW system. Also, how easy and accurate are the adjustments of "kx" and "px" settings like in PPass?

As for whether a PPass gauge would be half analog and half digial: it should be the 6.5N display that got posted. The half analog displays were terrible about breaking. So, they fixed it by going all digital as I understand.

EDIT for punctuation and content

Edited by JohnDoe

On my demo last Saturday, I was playing with the "cruise control" and it didn't seem to take control like others. Maybe it was a user error. It seems like I still had to mess with the throttle keeping it in range and didn't hold the speed through the turns. The others I have driven took total control of the throttle. This was the standard feature not the perfect pass.

Was this user error or just the way the standard option works? If it wasn't my error then the upgrade to perfect pass seems worth it.

On my demo last Saturday, I was playing with the "cruise control" and it didn't seem to take control like others. Maybe it was a user error. It seems like I still had to mess with the throttle keeping it in range and didn't hold the speed through the turns. The others I have driven took total control of the throttle. This was the standard feature not the perfect pass.

Was this user error or just the way the standard option works? If it wasn't my error then the upgrade to perfect pass seems worth it.

What speed were you at?

I tried it at 22 and then 28. Just couldn't get the hang of it.

I got up to the speed I wanted and turned it on but it seemed to bounce around by about 2 mph's. The others I had tried I would get to the set speed and then push the throttle past the point but the controller was taking care of things, the throttle past the set point had no effect until pulled back.

Like I said, it is probably more of the instructions I was given vs system. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be easier to use than what I was experiencing. My I/O has it, all the way down, come back half way, if you don't like the speed get in the boat. Biggrin.gif

It works just like PP - turn on the control system either at idle or neutral, set the speed you want & then drive up to that speed. It will take over & tell you that by beeping. To take control back, just pull back on the throttle. It could be the boat - my boat has a few things that are quirky about it. Remember that not only is this a brand new system, but that it is directly tied into the engine management software. So it could be that some adjustment needs to be made. My boat has a new software program waiting at the dealer, I just need the roads to clear & the weather to dry out a bit before I can get it there.

It did take me a while to figure out how it works, so it could just be that you need more time with the system to understand it. It's actually much simpler to operate than PP, I think that sometimes we become used to the complexity & that we just make things harder than they need to be. Just remember that you don't need to spend the money on PP now, it can always be added at a later date if you just don't like the stock system.