Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replace g3 tower strut

bamabonners

My tower is not effortless, it will not stay up on its own, and it takes two people to take it down (one to hold it up and one to unscrew). I can't seem to find replacement struts. Any idea? Are they hard to upgrade?

I had the same issue. Contact your dealer. The kicker is, there are two different shocks that are rated for different weight. For instance, my boat was ordered without tower speakers, so the "tress rated" shocks were put on. After adding tower the speakers, it was too much weight for that shock. Malibu would not replace because the boat was built and shipped with "what was appropriate". My dealer ended up taking care of it. Because Malibu wanted me to buy. New shocks. (at least this is the story I was told by the dealer)

One other thing, supposedly I have one of each shock on the tower, as I was told when they put two of the heavier rated shocks on, my tower would not stay down

Edited by wakebrdr94