Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Xi12D Manual

old skool malibu

Just got my Exile shipment! I did not get a manual with my Xi12d sub. Can anyone help me out with a link or email it to me? The link on the Exile site does not work. Thx

Edited by old skool malibu

How to wire the sub. Do I use all 4 posts or just 2? Also it never hurts to skim the manual, epecially if you are a rookie like me!

I have never wired a DVC sub before and this is the link Rob from Exile sent me on the correct way to wire it to my xi 1500 amp. The guys at Exile sure have been a big help to me!

http://a248.e.akamai...-ch-low-imp.jpg

So when conneting the speaker wire to the amp there are 4 speaker connectors. (- - + +) Do you connect to the first negative and last positive?

I spoke to Rob @ Exile and he said it does not matter when connecting to the amp. The sub connection diagram that Gaffster01 posted is exactly what Rob told me as well.

I spoke to Rob @ Exile and he said it does not matter when connecting to the amp. The sub connection diagram that Gaffster01 posted is exactly what Rob told me as well.

I guess it could matter depending how many channel amp you have. I'm using a xi 1500 mono block soi believe both positive out puts are electrically the same. If you were using a amp that you were bridging you would have to wire it in bridge mode.

Will do. Have you started on the wiring of your sub? Are you using 12 AWG wire? Not sure how to get two pieces in one of those connectors..I must be overlooking something. Perhaps 12 AWG is to big to wire this way?

I going to be wiring one of these up with 12AWG later this week... What's the secret? Thanks!

Not really a secret or anything just a simple tip. Simply cut off the end of each 12 awg wire, strip the wire back about 3/4" then slightly fan out or unroll the wire strands on each of the two 12awg wires you're trying to insert into the wire terminal on subwoofer. Then take the 2 slightly faned out wires and twist them together as tight as you possibly can. When this is done overall diameter is about half of what it would be if you twisted together two separately twisted 12 awg wires. To take it a step further to keep them together they could be soldered together, just don't use to much.

Edited by Bobby Light

I got 8 ga. into the terminals on the sub but I used a screw type box terminal which allowed my to run each wire to the stud so that only one wire neede to be inserted into the speaker terminal.

IMAG1363.jpg

IMAG1362.jpg