Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

01 sunsetter lxi on ebay

gilby52

If you have no interest in wakeboarding this may be a "decent" buy. Probably always stored outside and maybe without a cover.

I am selling my garage kept totally decked out with tower, stereo, barefoot boom, wedge, and no upholstery stains or tears for a little more to clear the way for our 06 VLX.

What do you mean "no interest in wakeboarding" That boat could throw a great wakeboarding wake with a wedge and some ballast. Most any inboard boat will throw a good wake if you put enough weight in it...

I'd say the seller got a good price for that boat. Check out the pics -the interior is trashed, has almost no options, and the gelcoat is in awful shape. Looks like a project boat to me.

I am selling my garage kept totally decked out with tower, stereo, barefoot boom, wedge, and no upholstery stains or tears for a little more to clear the way for our 06 VLX.

Are you crazy? Selling a SLXi in as good of conditions as you are describing for " a little more" than 18K? With all of the goodies and the condition you describe, I bet you cold sell your boat in a heart beat for 5-7k more.

Looks a little rough. If the pictures show this many flaws, I can imagine what the boat looks like in person.

Edited by Henken

I can't look anymore Cry.gif what a shame to let a boat get like that.

flipsell has a 02' SLXI for 34k. This is a bit high imgo but for an 00' model you should be able to get 22-25k depending upon hours, condtion and options.

I took a pretty close look at that boat - I'm looking for a reasonable 00 - 02 Slxi, but it was too much of a risk. To get it back into good shape (stereo, new skins, tower, PPass, etc) would take 5-7K, plus many hours of labor on the gel-coat. That assumes the mechanicals aren't as neglected as the rest of the boat. One large mechanical thing wrong with it and it's not such a good deal any more.

I took a pretty close look at that boat - I'm looking for a reasonable 00 - 02 Slxi, but it was too much of a risk. To get it back into good shape (stereo, new skins, tower, PPass, etc) would take 5-7K, plus many hours of labor on the gel-coat. That assumes the mechanicals aren't as neglected as the rest of the boat. One large mechanical thing wrong with it and it's not such a good deal any more.

You might drop a line to Edwin about the SLXI he has...Risk I agree if he didn't take care of the exterior what makes us thing he took care of the engine.

That was my main concern as well, pictures are really hard to get a good feeling for the boat. I hope the new owner takes some time and get her back into true BU shape!

You might drop a line to Edwin about the SLXI he has...Risk I agree if he didn't take care of the exterior what makes us thing he took care of the engine.

Got a 00 Lxi with the Launch package (Tower, Wedge, and mid ballast) in great shape with 398 hours. Interested, email me at "[email protected]" and I'll send some pics.