Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Playing video on Maliview with iPhone. Help!

Texoma LSV

no, that is NOT the one you need.

You need this one from Walmart 50$

av-composite-video-to-tv-rca-cable-usb-for-iphone-4-4g-by-electronic_20915_500.jpg

plug in your USB to charge your phone. Yellow goes in the video input, and the red and white into this one and then into the headphone jack for your audio:

M7401.jpg

this seriously needs to be a sticky thread, I think I have answered this one like 15 times

Lol and then I chime in every time and tell people to go with the isimple is76 instead, which does everything the apple cable does AND it's hardwired so you don't use up your USB input just to charge AND it costs half as much.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TH8O7O?ie=UTF8&ref=aw_bottom_links&force-full-site=1

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input and guidance. Seems would be easier if Malibu just supplied these accessories. Or at least gave better instructiuon in the owners manual.

Shawndoggy, what else do you use your USB for?

a thumbdrive?

I've got these inputs:

USB (thumby)

AUX (IS76)

Sirius

bluetooth

Mostly the IS76 is there for phone charging, but if we can play some tunes too... why not?

EDIT -- not to mention that it's not uncommon to get noise through an iphone connected through the dock connector.... why not power it from the stereo battery like everything else?

Edited by shawndoggy

Ya gotcha. I really don't use the USB for that much anymore, I use pandora now99% of the time. This same 50$ cord is the same one you can use inside on your TVs also.

I let my Netflix account expire, but at one point I had like 25 kiddos on my boat watching Megamind off my iPhone thru the Malivue will the stereo blasting the audio.. the kids loved it and all the parents loved me. It gave them all a break.

That's the iPhone/ iPod interface cable.... For music only..... Let's you control the apple device from the malivue or the dash/transom remotes.

No video with that cable.

That's the iPhone/ iPod interface cable.... For music only..... Let's you control the apple device from the malivue or the dash/transom remotes.

No video with that cable.

OK, where can I find that cable? Can I still control from my IPhone/IPod? Will the USB to IPhone/Ipod cable work, too? Or not?

I just play my iPod from the Aux input (3.5mm headphone style) I have found that controlling from the iPod itself is much easier than using the fosgate head unit . My head unit seems to only play my iPhone music in song alphabetical order. can't seem to play playlists or anything else.