Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS shield kickplate install w/pics

Fman

The last of my cheapo winter projects are now complete. I finished my kickplate today, went down to TAP plastics and picked up a piece of acrylic. I then added the WS shield and mounted it onto the kickplate. Also added was a red LED light to accent it. I also changed the Wakesetter lounge plate (where the stereo control would be) to red from white. The picture does do much justice for how the red LED light looks, it actually does a good job accenting the WS emblem. It was a fun project, and it is nice to have something on the kickplate to finish it off.

So ready for some warm weather! but its nice to see some rain in Nor-cal we can really use it right now!

Here is a pic of the kickplate before the shield was added...

Stereo9.jpg

And the new shield emblem....

Kickplate3.jpg

Kickplate1.jpgKickplate4.jpg

Rearplate.jpg

Edited by Fman

Nice look Fman! Glad you got yours done. Very similar to the one I saw and wrote you about. The one I saw was cut into the plexi and backlit but yours looks excellent.

You got me fired up to get mine done but I'm busy with a waterfall project for the wife right now. Hoping I can get mine done by May.I would like to try to backlight mine somehow,prob make a cardboard mock up and see how it looks first. Nice work man.

Nice look Fman! Glad you got yours done. Very similar to the one I saw and wrote you about. The one I saw was cut into the plexi and backlit but yours looks excellent.

You got me fired up to get mine done but I'm busy with a waterfall project for the wife right now. Hoping I can get mine done by May.I would like to try to backlight mine somehow,prob make a cardboard mock up and see how it looks first. Nice work man.

Hey Thanks, it could easily be backlit with a clear piece of acrylic. I almost went solid white but thought the black would pop a little more. I would like to see what you come up, having it lighted up behind the shield would look killer. Post up some pics when you get it completed....

I was actually thinking the same thing with the back lighting, but that looks good. Now I can't decide to put it on the back drop like you did then back light it, or just put the WS logo on its own with the back light. hmmm...... you could probably market that thing.