Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Selling my '02 Sunsetter LXi

RTS

Sorry to hear you feel you need to sell, but that happens as situations change.

I'm not sure how much boat time I will be getting in this year. The kids are grown up. In fact, I became a grandfather on Monday. Wierd feeling, that.

Good luck with the sale. Looks like a beautiful boat.

We sold our old jet skis on cosignment at the local race shop. We told them what we wanted for them and then they got anything over that amount. We recevied a check from them within 2 weeks. Couldn't have been easier.

Edited by jetskipro550

I searched and bought last year, and am doing it again this year. Craigslist is by far the most comprehensive place to look for boats. I hate looking at used boats at dealerships. You have no idea about what the PO was like, and you're usually talking to a sales type person who is shaping the information to make the boat sound better than it is. I don't buy used cars from dealers either, just another hand taking the money, either from the seller or buyer. I also have yet to see a boat that is a reasonable deal at a dealer, they are always 10%+ higher that private.

Last year i sold my boat using Craigslist. I took very good pictures and wrote a very honest and detailed description. That dramatically decreased the number of calls with tire kickers who just needed enough info to determine that the boat wasn't for them. It still baffles me when people can't take the time to do this, it will save them so much more time in the long run. Every time I have bought and sold it's been certified check with the negotiated bit done in cash. I also don't take the boat for a drive unless they have made an offer. Just like the dealerships, the test drive is for validation that it's operational, not a luxury for the buyers to decide if they like the boat or not. Scammers seldom show up in person. Most scams are from the sellers not the buyers anyway, where they ask you to send money and then they will ship the boat.

Edited by Asmodeus2112

I've sold two Bu's and my houseboat off of Craigslist most recently my bulldozer and our old Lexus. Yes you have deal with some jerks who to want scam you or throw low ball offers.

I put the following disclaimers in the last two ads and it seemed to help.

Example:

1964 Case D310 Bulldozer. Six way blade. Diesel. 4200 hours, runs perfect.

Please email and I will respond quickly.

No I do not want to deal with your shippers.

No I do not want to deal with out of Country buyers.

No I will not remove it from Craigslist and consider it sold because of an email from you.

I've sold two Bu's and my houseboat off of Craigslist most recently my bulldozer and our old Lexus. Yes you have deal with some jerks who to want scam you or throw low ball offers.

I put the following disclaimers in the last two ads and it seemed to help.

Example:

1964 Case D310 Bulldozer. Six way blade. Diesel. 4200 hours, runs perfect.

Please email and I will respond quickly.

No I do not want to deal with your shippers.

No I do not want to deal with out of Country buyers.

No I will not remove it from Craigslist and consider it sold because of an email from you.

Awesome on what you put in your posting! Even more that you had a D3!!!