Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1998 Response

Winged

Just wondering if anybody out there has any info on this boat. I need to change the oil and plugs/wores/ect ect. Also i have not been about to find any info about how much weight the ski pole will take. i know it will handle a 2 person tube with 2 people in it but i want to get a 3 person one. Any other info or odd things you can add or say will be really helpfull

Just wondering if anybody out there has any info on this boat. I need to change the oil and plugs/wores/ect ect. Also i have not been about to find any info about how much weight the ski pole will take. i know it will handle a 2 person tube with 2 people in it but i want to get a 3 person one. Any other info or odd things you can add or say will be really helpfull

Here are some of the specifications of the boat. 1998 Specifications

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

No problem with a 3 person tube, I pull one off my pylon, you probably put more force on a pylon skiing shortline than pulling a tube! :)

No problem with a 3 person tube, I pull one off my pylon, you probably put more force on a pylon skiing shortline than pulling a tube! :)

Have had eight skiing behind mine last year. Spread out the ropes. Four on pylon the rest spread out to tower and rear eyes.

Wow thanks to all. that makes me feel a bit better, another question is the motor, we all know its a normal 350 under the hood. i did read that one person was against putting car parts in a boat. i dont see the big deal of going to autozone and getting the things i need. i have done motors before and i cant see where no paying out the a$$ for the stuff i need from a boat shop and just going the easy way, if im wrong then by all means tell me and dont worry about hurting my feelings, i would rather know now then later on in the season

Wow thanks to all. that makes me feel a bit better, another question is the motor, we all know its a normal 350 under the hood. i did read that one person was against putting car parts in a boat. i dont see the big deal of going to autozone and getting the things i need. i have done motors before and i cant see where no paying out the a$ for the stuff i need from a boat shop and just going the easy way, if im wrong then by all means tell me and dont worry about hurting my feelings, i would rather know now then later on in the season

I have picked up fuel and oil filters at Napa. But for the most part I buy parts from http://www.bakesonline.com/inboardengineparts.aspx and http://www.skidim.com/

Both places are staffed with people that know boats inside and out and patiently provide explanations and suggestions. The prices are reasonable, and they give paid crew members a discount that will quickly more than cover the cost of being a paid member on this forum.

Thats about what i thought. I dont see the harm in using them. Water will really contact them less than a motor in a car. Thanks everybody for the help. i do feel better about a 3 person raft now. ill talk to the boat place here in vegas about it too. im guessing there is a lable somewhere im missing and im going to feel stupid. Looks like i have some money to spend and get this thing ready for the summer.

Last summer I had tube hour, everyone tubed 8 at a time, freeing up time to do other things, no problem pulling, just had to be careful with ropes and kids, no crazy corners

aa1dbc39.jpg

Be careful using car parts in boats, especially electrical parts. Ones made for marine engines are sealed to prevent a spark from igniting any gas fumes in the bilge. Cars will naturally vent fumes out the bottom but boats trap them in the bilge. You could end up with a fire/explosion that could get someone hurt. Your insurance company may not honor a claim if you have an issue and they find car parts installed.

It can handle multiple footers, tubing sure won't be a problem. Been using Malibu responses for show skiing for quite a while. It can handle a lot. More than any single owner is usually ever going to do.

Try 5 guys doing around the boat on a slalom skis. Other boats will fail, not Malibu.

Good point about the car parts. That makes sense now. didnt think of that, also again good to know that the tower will pretty much handle anything i can throw at it. looks like i got a good boat then

Good point about the car parts. That makes sense now. didnt think of that, also again good to know that the tower will pretty much handle anything i can throw at it. looks like i got a good boat then

Just to clarify, the feedback you were getting was regarding strength of pylon, not tower. Your tower will NOT handle anything you can throw at it. Pylon is WAY stronger than your tower, overloading of which will likely damage your gelcoat