Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's Insider your Fuel Filter?

Isn't that like keeping your used toilet paper as a spare? It's a wear item.

Haha, i guess i didnt think that much into it. I could just see having fuel filter issues on the water and whipping that bad boy out and saving the day. My mind set was better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Nice pics JimJom.

Man, I feel bad for you guys with those silly hard tanks in the trunks.

Yea, i personally hate the hard tanks. They are currently bypassed and i use two 500# bags. I want to remove, but i think that whole back peice has to come out. Your thoughts?

09v, you've got to pull the floor. The Bakes tech area has pictures of the 2 different versions of the P.I.T. filters if you want to know what you are looking at. While you have the floor up, you might as pull and check the anodes (between the inlet and outlet hoses) on the VD while your in there. The fuel tank will have to be near empty to move it forward to get the anodes out as they are about 1 1/2 inches long and you need the room between the tank and the anodes to pull them out.

Yea, i personally hate the hard tanks. They are currently bypassed and i use two 500# bags. I want to remove, but i think that whole back peice has to come out. Your thoughts?

what whole back piece? On my 06 vride it was just a few screws that held the tanks in on brackets, top and bottom. The tanks then come out the locker door (it takes some maneuvering, but they will come out without dismantling the boat).

what whole back piece? On my 06 vride it was just a few screws that held the tanks in on brackets, top and bottom. The tanks then come out the locker door (it takes some maneuvering, but they will come out without dismantling the boat).

Just from initial investigation it appeared they would not come out the locker opening. If they will, it would be as easy as you say to just unbolt and maneuver out. I will look into this further.

Tons of non-internet mechanics have removed them from their boats.

I think it the first step in upgrading your boat.

I'm sure you can get them out easily.

• Like 2

Tons of non-internet mechanics have removed them from their boats.

I think it the first step in upgrading your boat.

I'm sure you can get them out easily.

It would surely help in letting the 500# fat sacks fill to their maximum potential.

• 10 months later...

2012-MikebdayWakeboarding007.jpg

2012-MikebdayWakeboarding009.jpg

2012-MikebdayWakeboarding011.jpg

2012-MikebdayWakeboarding012.jpg

Hi I just replaced my high pressure fuel filter and I think you have the high pressure filter on backwards. my filter had a flow arrow going towards the silver flanged end, which i think should be lower.

As just mentioned in the above thread, i just replaced my high pressure filter. I bought the boat with about 300hrs and added about 100 hrs since I bought it and replaced my inline/tank filter last year but not the high pressure filter. After removal I tore the old one apart to see how bad it looked...

External Filter view

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/indebound/media/Maintenance/image_zps057a2154.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/indebound/media/Maintenance/image_zpsaa7f2166.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=136658328028809387668945629013

Inside Filter View

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/indebound/media/Maintenance/image_zps057a2154.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/indebound/media/Maintenance/image_zpsaa7f2166.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136658328028809387668945629013

There's sign of corrosion the outside of the filter in the first view, other than that, looks just generally gumed up. Anybody elses thoughts?

That looks like it has been on the boat for awhile, yuk.

Yea bozboat,

I don't know what the original color of the filter element was, but I'm definitely glad I replaced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will double check when i get home today, but I thought the fuel filter would only let fuel flow one way. I have since put roughly 60hr on the boat with no issues.

Hi I just replaced my high pressure fuel filter and I think you have the high pressure filter on backwards. my filter had a flow arrow going towards the silver flanged end, which i think should be lower.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine.

IMG_1035_zps07c94c6a.jpg

By the way mine had part number FF3401/G1 which is a luber Finer filter. No one seems to carry this one and the auto parts guy ask me what year was the car (useless). I read somewhere the Wix 33033 will replace mine. It is 3/8" fuel line.

Do people regularly replace the fuel pump? Sorry I have just been doing my maintenance on the boat and changed the fluids and impeller and I have a higher hour boat and so just curious. I do the filter for sure, and just curious if people regularly switch the pump.