Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone Have Warranty Work Done On The Hull?

bouyhead+

Has anyone ever had any warranty work done on the hull of they're boat? Leaking HDS box, buckled rear floor, stress cracks on the gelcoat around the strut, or anything stuctural in nature pertaining to the hull? I know Malibu has a liftime hull warranty for the original owner. Just looking for any info and/or personel experience people have had with warranty work. Did your boat get fixed at the factory? If not, did it get fixed at a shop of your choice or does it have to be approved bt Malibu? Thanks

I recently had work done. It was a bit of a circus, but it all worked out fine in the end. It was done by a local shop (best in the area). My only advice is to involve your dealer in the process early because they will be a key part of the warranty claim process.

I had some gelcoat cracks around the rudder repaired on my last boat under warranty. It was done by the local dealer. This was just gelcoat work, no fiberglass repair and was a factory blemish. It would not have been covered under the lifetime hull warranty but was under the 2 year gelcoat warranty.

I had my warranty hull work done at the factory in Merced. I had no local dealer at the time, so that may have been why they were willing to let me deal directly with the factory. Of course, I was willing to drive to Merced to drop it off and to drive back to pick it up. It was worth it though because I got to check out the facility and sit along while they test drove my boat on the factory "lake."

I have also found that the key to any issue is to notify the dealer immediately about it and to keep communicating with them about it as long as it exists. Many people might say that you are complaining, but I looked at it like I was notifying of them of an issue that might result in a bigger problem. You have to be very patient and allow the dealer to try a couple of different potential resolutions before they get it right and allow them time to work through it.

Mine is at the dealer now for some stress cracks by the swim step brackets. They sent it to someone else, not sure who. I'll havevto find out so I know who actually is doing the work. It is under warranty though

Thanks for the replies. BlastRlxi kind of helped me make a decision. The boat is an 04 LXi and the issues are the rear floor buckling up, which I've seen on a few BU's and the stress cracks around the strut which I haven't. I thought i would address both issues under warranty but since the Gelcoat repair won't be covered I'll live with the floor. Floor is solid on both sides just kind of looks funny and gives me a rash from time to time.

Thanks for the replies. BlastRlxi kind of helped me make a decision. The boat is an 04 LXi and the issues are the rear floor buckling up, which I've seen on a few BU's and the stress cracks around the strut which I haven't. I thought i would address both issues under warranty but since the Gelcoat repair won't be covered I'll live with the floor. Floor is solid on both sides just kind of looks funny and gives me a rash from time to time.

let us know how the saga ends.

I think the floor is covered under the Hull Warranty but not the cracks in the gelcoat.

So I'm actually really interested in this topic. One of my biggest pet peeves about my malibu is it has cracks in the gel everywhere. Everyone would say they never got cracks in the gel if they had a titan tower, well i have a titan T3 and it's spider cracked like mad. I also have spider cracks coming out by almost every screw off my windshield, then there is a long crack up by the bow. If gel cracking is covered under warranty for an original owner, I would DEFINITELY make a hard effort to be able to buy new for my next boat.