Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Type Of Vehicle Do You Tow The Boat With?

SmoothWaterMan

Tow Vehicle  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of tow vehicle do you use most when towing?

2. 2. What type of tow vehicle is it?

3. 3. Vehicle Specifics - Choose all that apply.

4. 4. Purchase and Use

• Bought it new, and it is a daily driver as well.
    • Bought it new, but it is not driven daily.
    • Bought it used, and it is a daily driver as well.
    • Bought it used, but it is not driven daily.
  5. 5. Would you buy this type again?

• Yes, it works great.
    • No, I'd buy a SUV next time.
    • No, I'd buy a Pickup next time.
    • I don't want anything. Next time I dry dock or let the marina handle it.

02 North Face Avalanche. I've had it for over 6 years. Have a company vehicle so I haven't done any daily driver duty with it for the last 3.5 years. Runs great and will probably keep it another 4 years or more. I could only see replacing it with an 07+ Avalanche at a minimum, but preferably an 07+ Escalade EXT or Sierra Denali 2500 Diesel quad cab.

Denali XL all wheel drive 6.0, the back seat comes out or folds down and I can stuff anything I want in there. We do alot of traveling to different lakes in the west and the gas hog fits the bill perfect.

07 escalade... 403 hp and most important.... 6 speed.... limiting factor is transmission temp.... just added a 11"x11" trans cooler.... also have a 08 Chev 3500 duramax... escalade is much better around the launch locally and the dmax is the mountain machine.

06 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab. Purchased used in 08.

Used to be my daily until gas prices went up and I moved farther away form work. I drive a Mazda Protege daily and the truck only comes out for hauling the boat or just some weekend errands.

We use a 2010 Nissan Armada Platinum with 20,000 miles(bought new). 4x4, tows great. We also tow a 20' motorcycle trailer (7000 pounds), and we can hardly feel it behind us. The fuel economy sucks though(12 mpg). The Armada can tow over 9,000 pounds, but we haven't tried that yet.

2011 F250 Powerstroke crew cab or 2008 VW Touareg V10 TDI

Both will snatch the trailer out from under the boat if I get too carried away at stop lights.

2011 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 with a 3.92 rear end

It's a gas hog, but it is comfy and will tow it like it ins't there.

It is more my mode of transportation for the 4 place sled trailer we haul all winter.

If I was to do it again, i would probably go Durango or grand Cherokee. this is just because it is my everyday vehicle and i miss the SUV trunk a lot.