Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gopro Hero2 - Editing Questions

Viper_007

Just purchaed my first GoPro. It's the Hero2 "Motorsports Edition". It arrives Tuesday so can't to wait to use with the boat and play car. Does it come with editing software or what is everyone using to edit the videos, add music, ect. I use a window's PC running Window's 7 and looking for something easy to use or I probablly won't use it. Any other must have's/tips/advice?

Thanks in advance...

I started trying to edit hd video (including gopro) video about three years ago. I used the pinnacle product, adobe elements, and sony vegas. I didn't have great success with any of them. There's a cheap linear editor called avs video editor that's pretty decent for the price.

I've since converted over to OSX (mac), and could not be happier. I don't know why the software developers can't get it right on the pc, but the mac video editors (imovie and final cut pro) are just so much easier to use than anything I've used on a pc.

So if you are committed to a pc, give vegas or avs a try.

So if you are committed to a pc, give vegas or avs a try.

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. My fiance has a Mac so if that is much easier I will just borrow her PC perahps.

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. My fiance has a Mac so if that is much easier I will just borrow her PC perahps.

MUCH easier. Most stuff I'd say is a wash between mac and pc these days. But there's a clear winner for video editing for amateur hacks imho.

Thanks, got the camera yesterday and took it out in the "play" car since I can't go get the boat just yet. Will start messing with Windows Movie Maker tonight... If the Windows program is crap then I'll try on my gals Apple before buying anything.

We all like pictures and/or video so figured I would share my first run with the GoPro and Windows Movie Maker. I spend about 1hr figuring out how to use it and it wasn't that bad, still a lot of stuff I'm not sure how to do yet...

Editing starts around 30sec in and not an "exciting" video, but it was the test run. Finally open it up around 2:25. Noticed that when uploaded to YouTube it deleted my caption that was low on the screen at one point. Oh well...

looks really good. sweet ride!

youtube will probably end up deleting all of the audio out of the video because you used music. Vimeo is much better in that regard.

The motorsports suction cup is great for filming surfing. just stick it to the transom.

We all like pictures and/or video so figured I would share my first run with the GoPro and Windows Movie Maker. I spend about 1hr figuring out how to use it and it wasn't that bad, still a lot of stuff I'm not sure how to do yet...

Editing starts around 30sec in and not an "exciting" video, but it was the test run. Finally open it up around 2:25. Noticed that when uploaded to YouTube it deleted my caption that was low on the screen at one point. Oh well...

Can someone help me out with Windows movie maker, I have tryed to speed up a video a few times and never can, I asumed it was done with another editing program, (which I downloaded a few and just didn't have much luck with), then saw it done on this video here and you said it was done with Windows movie maker? What am I missing (other then a brain obviously), I can make a video that plays fast out of a bunch of pictures but the duration edit tool is not available with a video? I have Windows Live Movie Maker, I couldn't find a version, is there more then one Windows Movie Maker?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

My Windows Live movie maker looks different then that one, I don't have the speed option. Thanks for the info thou! I looked for a tutorial in help, Didn't even think to look on youtube.

I wanted to thank everyone for the reply's, I updated Windows live (very surprised it didn't update on its own when i tried updating thru windows update) I now have the speed edit button and a few others. Very easy now.