Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Watersports In Vegas

twrv

Thinking about doing a trip to Vegas and was wondering if anyone new of any lakes or other waterways where you can ski or board? Obviously there's Mead, but are there any other places?

That sucks. I heard that was busy and not really suitable for watesports.

Mead is HUGE (100 miles? Long). I'm sure there are busy areas but I'm also certain you could find someplace that's abandoned. I think the bigger problem would be that it can be breezy and the rollers can get big.

Lake Mojave is about an hour away, Cottonwood Cove Marina. Not busy, head north from the marina towards "Al Point", I have has glass water for a week straight. The lake does get rollers when windy and can get hairy as well, alwas a gamble but when the gamble pays off there is nothing better!

Lake Mead is huge but like any big lake if the wind kicks up it's going to get rough. As far as busy maybe by the dam and marina, you should be able to find your own lake sized chunk of mead that you might not see another boat in all day. I was stuck in the middle of the lake on the other side of the mountain just out from the marina In a dead prostar and it took over a six pack before somebody came close enough to flag down for a tow. I don't think Mead would disappoint.

Our trip was awesome on lake mead. It was during midweek in the fall. We stayed in mesquite and hit the lake during the day. Weekday total glass right out of the boat ramp warm water No one around. gambled in mesquite at night. did have a bearing failure but Vegas had what we needed. only draw back was we were not in a malibu . Cant wait to get back with the sunsetter.

Lake Mojave is about an hour away, Cottonwood Cove Marina. Not busy, head north from the marina towards "Al Point", I have has glass water for a week straight. The lake does get rollers when windy and can get hairy as well, alwas a gamble but when the gamble pays off there is nothing better!

:plus1:

Edited by LS-One

Everybody local says that lake mead is nasty. i dont see it. dont get me wrong i am not going to eat the fish out of it but i dont see any thing that every other lake has. Its really deep and really big and open, waves are arouf 2-3 inches to 1 footers, becarefull about the wind storms. when they come you want to hit the docks in a hurry or beach your boat, they get nasty, if you go to the boat ramp before hover damn there are two islands off to the right a bit, you can go between them and get to the damn faster but go slow at first, there are hidden rocks between them closer to the right one. I knwo from last year the lake has rissen a bit and they might be hidden. The water temps could play a role too for you, right nwo its pretty cold. it starts getting nice around the end of april start of may and is amazing in july-sept. Oct is a little cold but not too bad. Park fees are 20 bucks for 3 days or 85 for a year. The main ramp is pretty nice. Depending on how your trailer and truck are you can back stright down it or off to the left side of the ramp. stright down i found to be a bit shallow and had to back down pretty far to get the boat to float. Off to the left side of the left ramp is deeper and i didnt have to back down as far. Im driving a 2 door jeep so it might be different with you. If you have any other questions please free to email me. Im local here and have a boat and about to get jet skis.

( [email protected])