Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody Running Wetsounds Rev10S?

JamieDrew&theBu

I just got a new WS240 and not overly impressed.

1. It needs a line driver. Its 2012. This is 5 yr old technology. For it not to put out a true 6 volts or better is weak. It puts out truly 3-4 volts at best.... so you still gotta have you gains up higher than what i'd like. as a result you still get a little hiss on your tower speakers to gain them up till they are powered well.

2. No ability to fade out cabin speakers and run ONLY the Tower speakers with sub. you turn down the master volume and the sub goes down with it. Not impressed with that oversight. In party cove I dont even use the cabin speakers. its not a true independent 3 zone operation. cabin and sub channels are linked. You could trick the whole setup and gain out the cabins to get that effect, but thats lame. Should be true easy 3 zone control.

3. The Eq is horrible. chooses 4 very distinct bands.... adjust any of the 4 bands much from the center setting, and you'll have violent descrete spikes in your frequency response. its not a smooth hump... but a sharp spike in a very narrow freq adjustment. ya great there is an EQ on there, but adjust any of the knobs much from those center settings and your music sounds like crap. Wasted feature not thought out or designed well, only wasting space a driving the cost up.

Now I understand why the Exile product markets itself as a SQ device, I will likely be changing over to the Exile one shortly.

I have the Rev10s and they exceed all expectations. Not to overly hype everything up, 1 pair of Rev10s on a true 300-350watts is so loud and so well balanced I would not have believed it if I didnt hear it for myself.

You can utilze the sub with the tower speakers if you just switch the tower and cabin RCA cables on the back of the EQ. This sounds like it would work for you if you do not use the cabin speakers all that often.

Edited by Hentz

i had them installed on the horizontal bar so they would not fire in peoples faces wile standing in the corner. IMO Malibu has the worst mounting locations. inside the cockpit? are you kidding me? Thankfully Wet sounds and Chessie Marine were able to make it work.

You can utilze the sub with the tower speakers if you just switch the tower and cabin RCA cables on the back of the EQ. This sounds like it would work for you if you do not use the cabin speakers all that often.

Tell me how it works out when you use the mic with that setup, lol. (hint it's awesome if you like yelling at yourself).

EDIT: David's solution with the extra pac LC1 is the best, but still a bit kludgy. If you are running Revs, you don't really need the independent tower EQ because they sound really good "flat." I know that this wasn't the case with prior generations of tower speakers, where you might want to turn down the highs on the hlcds because it was excruciating, but wanted to keep your nice dome tweeters going on the cabin speakers. But the revs don't really need to be treated any differently from a regular cabin speaker in the sense of messing with tone controls, IMHO.

A 420 "lite" or a ZLD plus (single eq with a PA) would probably find a pretty good market with the newer speakers. The logical tone and zone controls of a standard EQ plus a PA... hmmm....

Edited by shawndoggy