Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raising The Drivers Seat

dgd

This is the base prior to install. I haven't decided how I'm going to finish it off.

1. Grind the welds smooth and polish it.

2. Powdercoat it grey to match the floor.

3. ?????

When its done ill mount the fire extinguisher to it. So you won't see a lot of it.

post-3478-0-78340700-1332630319_thumb.jp

This is the base prior to install. I haven't decided how I'm going to finish it off.

1. Grind the welds smooth and polish it.

2. Powdercoat it grey to match the floor.

3. ?????

When its done ill mount the fire extinguisher to it. So you won't see a lot of it.

post-3478-0-78340700-1332630319_thumb.jp

liljohn,

I assume you had this fabricated in a local shop and I will probably do the same. I was hoping to add an adjustable height extension but the fixed extension is certainly the easiest option.

Thanks for the photo.

Some months ago there was a discussion regarding a modification to raise the drivers seat. Has anybody done it?

I used 2" spacers inbetween the seat and base and it has helped. I am considering another 1-2" which I think would be about perfect. The 2" definitely made a difference, got the rubber spacers and Grade 8 bolts at ACE Hardware. Pretty simple install, just remove the seat from fiberglass base and 4 bolts that seperate the seat and base, install the spacers with longer bolts and re-assemble.

Total cost was about $25 in parts.

Edited by Fman

I'm looking at doing this too, I can't stand how low it is. We constantly have the seat flipped up in the bolster position and even then it doesnt seem high enough. I'd much rather do something permanent like this. I'll add this on my todo list. I'll have to see how that seat brakes down. Off the top of my head all i can remember is a plastic shell around the base so I'm not sure if I have the same base as LJ posted here. I like the rubber spacers idea too. Can't wait for the day this is a standard option (a true lower and raise lever).