Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 15X12 Prop For An Axis A22

Mike Williams

Has anyone ever used a 15x12 prop from Acme on an Axis or a Malibu? Acme is wanting me to try one on my new Axis but I wanted some feedback first. I'm not even sure that the 15" diameter will fit on the shaft without hitting the bottom of the boat.

I went to TNT Watersports this weekend and measured the gap with a 14.5" prop and there is a full inch gap so the 15" will fit with .5" to spare. and a ton of room for the trailer. I'm interested to see how this prop works. The boat won't be here until May so I will update everyone then.

The 2313 fits the MXZ with right at 3/4 inch hull clearance and there's several inches to the trailer guard. Compared to the 1235 it is quicker out of the hole and turns right at 3700 RPM at 22.4 wakeboarding; we are running an extra 2500 pounds if everything is full. I have noticed in the past we lose some hole shot as the water warms up, Acme said they can tweak the cup if we do. Sounds like the clearance is no issue on the Axis.

Here's a quick wake shot from the side at the same setup, wedge 2 clicks up or 25%:

Edited by thtrog
  • 4 weeks later...

I too, just tested the 2313, 2315, 2131(5blade), and a modified 2245(also 5 blade) from ACME against my 1235 on my 2010 Axis Vandall. I have the two 750 lb sacs in the rear, and the 900lb sac in the front in addition to the stock ballast. I was having problems planing with sacs full with a boat full of people. The 2315 was IMHO the best for my situation, but I did like the 2131 also. My boat didn't like the aggressive cup of the 2313 or the pitch of the 2245. Now, my boat shoots out of the hole, has a nice firm and steep wake (it did narrow slightly though), and operates at slightly higher rpms. I have a spreadsheet with times, rpms and feedback if anyone wants it. I suggest testing out a few props from acme before making a decision. Oh, and my cruise will now hold while surfing, the 1235 couldn't do that with the weight I have.

How do you get Malibu to send you a prop just to try out?

Call ACME Marine, and tell them you'd like to try multiple props. You have to pay up front, but get reimbursed on the back end.

You could pay once and keep exchanging inside of the return window until you find what you're looking for.

Edited by imonaboat247

where are these specs listed for the new props? I have a 1235 right now, but would be willing to try something different. I surf, but also run at 23-26mph for the SkySki. the boat runs well, but it does struggle a little when fully loaded.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 2012 Axis yesterday and immediately put the 2315 (15"x12pitch) Acme prop on and HOLY s***!! I had 1900lbs in the back 950 in front, Factory ballast, 6 people and the wedge in the full 1250lb mode. It planed off with no problem. We rode from 5-8:30 and barely burned any gas. From what I understand the high RPMs does not necessarily mean more fuel consumtion especially if the boat is not struggling. I love this prop from the get go!! I could care less about top speed since I keep my boat at my dock.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike and imonaboat247, what kind of engine do you have in your axis? I have the 335 and i'm looking at trying the 2315. The cinco and all the other props i've tried can't pull the boat out with the 750's in the rear and the front sac on top of regular ballast with the wedge. Just really looking for a prop that can do the job with a ton of people in the boat. Thanks.

I got my 2012 Axis yesterday and immediately put the 2315 (15"x12pitch) Acme prop on and HOLY s***!! I had 1900lbs in the back 950 in front, Factory ballast, 6 people and the wedge in the full 1250lb mode. It planed off with no problem. We rode from 5-8:30 and barely burned any gas. From what I understand the high RPMs does not necessarily mean more fuel consumtion especially if the boat is not struggling. I love this prop from the get go!! I could care less about top speed since I keep my boat at my dock.

Nice break in!

• 1 month later...

I have a VLX with the 340 HP motor. I usually run around 4000#'s. I tried the acme 15X12X150 last week. I had been running the 1235 and the 14.5X12X150.The 15 inch prop did not perform as well as the 14.5 and used considerably more fuel. I put the 14.5 back on and sent the 15 back to acme. If you are running a motor with more HP then the 15 may work for you. It was just too much prop for my boat and took too long to get on plane. The 14.5 will spin much quicker and allow you to get to the power range required to get on plane fast.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to add my .02 since this along with many other threads were what I used before I made my selection.

I have a 2012 A22 that came with the 1235 prop. Good all around prop, but had trouble getting full ballast + PNP + wedge with more than 2 people in the boat. I upgraded to the 2315 and have been smiling ever since. I now run the previous weight set up plus 1000# in the floor and a few more people in the boat. We do have to move some people to the nose, but the prop gets the boat up no problem. Great prop.