Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rubber Inserts Wake Board Racks

Bwat

Hey guys, just signed papers on our first malibu yesterday :yahoo: . We purchased an 07 21 VLX with the illusion tower. The boat has stock "malibu" swivel wake board racks on it. All but one of the rubber inserts to protect the board are gone. Any suggestions on where we can buy new ones?

or save your money and go to home depot.

i found clear vinyl pvc tubing ($4 for 20ft, cant recall diameter) that fit perfectly in the groove. Doesn't even need glue to stay in. I went all last season with one rack this way, and the other with traditional black strips. by the end of the summer ,the other rack had lost both black strips and now all our clear tubing. Never had one even start to come out.

Hey augie can you find out what diameter that was ? I really don't want to invest a ton of time and effort filling the channel and plasti dip the forks. I like your system.

Sorry for the hijack !

Claudio

Hey augie can you find out what diameter that was ? I really don't want to invest a ton of time and effort filling the channel and plasti dip the forks. I like your system.

Sorry for the hijack !

Claudio

I gave my left over tubing to another crew member in kc, so not sure, but I took my rack into home depot and tried different sizes until one stuck. This stiff was in electrical isle for some reason.

You're lucky you got a response because we want to see pictures first!!!! J/K Congrats on the new to you bu. You can find Bakes on the web at Bakesonline.com

Haha, I just updated my member pic, I cant figure out how to post a pic in this topic or I would. Thanks for the info!

I gave my left over tubing to another crew member in kc, so not sure, but I took my rack into home depot and tried different sizes until one stuck. This stiff was in electrical isle for some reason.

I will be taking your idea and head to Home Depot this weekend, I will follow up and let you guys know what diameter works. Thanks for idea! :rockon:

I will be taking your idea and head to Home Depot this weekend, I will follow up and let you guys know what diameter works. Thanks for idea! :rockon:

Jjust looked in my boat parts box and I still have the label.

Watts svfd20 clear vinyl tubing 5/16" x 3/16" x 20ft

Would either of you be willing to post pics of the final product, I'm about to have to replace mine too and it looks like the oroginal rubber shrank over the uears causing it to pull away from the ends of the forks helping it loosen. TIA if one of you would.

SOOOO Just an update, i broke down and ordered the rubber and also new bungies from Bakes marine. Super cool guys but my lord you would think the rubber is made of Gold. All said and done, for 15' of rubber and 2 new bungie kits i think I was somewhere in the ball park of $125.00.

Thak you to all who gave me your input.

:werule: