Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just Ordered My Samson Tower Mirror

foiler1

The mirror works good, would recommend getting the stainless handle not the plastic. This stainless handle will allow you to tighten down the mirror much better. I also am placing a starred washer inbetween the mirror arm and lower mount to help from coming loose. The main complaint about this mirror is it coming loose throughout the day, and some have broken the handles trying to tighten it down.

Ordered mine about 3 weeks ago from Bakes. Malibu is keeping a very lean supply of these so it may take some time.

Edited by srintx

The problem with the Samson mirror is this: because it has 3 lenses, you always see "three" wake boarders or whatever you are pulling. It is so confusing and distracting. That's why we decided to go with a different mirror, but I forgot what it is called.

The problem with the Samson mirror is this: because it has 3 lenses, you always see "three" wake boarders or whatever you are pulling. It is so confusing and distracting. That's why we decided to go with a different mirror, but I forgot what it is called.

I have not had this problem, its a three way mirror to give you an angle on the outside of the wake. However, I have had issues seeing behind the board racks/speakers, you loose about 30% of the view. IMO, I still think its a better option than having a mirror on the center windshield.

jkendallmsce

Aren't the mirrors adjustable?

I was just talking about the 3 lens design. IMO it's confusing to see out of it.

Push the outside lenses farther out. Then you don't see three images of the rider. You will only see them out in the flats on the respective sides.

Edited by Malibuzer
martinarcher

Push the outside lenses farther out. Then you don't see three images of the rider. You will only see them out in the flats on the respective sides.

:plus1: the center mirror is fixed, but the outside two can be positioned where you like. I had mine so I could see the rider from full cut port to full cut starboard. Rockon.gif

we got ours directly from samson and they delivered it directly to me in person at my work - and we tinkered with the three lenses for a couple days dialing it in so we could see all the action - we love it!

• 1 month later...

I just used mine for first time today on 05 lsv illusion x. I experienced same challenge as wakesetter8796. When mounted with the arm sticking directly forward off the tower, the mirror is too far away and vision blocked by drivers side wakeboard racks and speakers. I am going to try a different arm mounting position on the tower. Will let you know. Jury is still out on the weather in the end it is better than stock mirror. It should be, but need to fix positioning. But then I am a perfectionist. :)

You won't get 100% coverage with it, but it will work fine when adjusted properly. You will loose a little coverage from board racks and speakers. Having a mirror on my windshield would drive me crazy, and the mirror looks killer on the G3.

I would take this mirror any day over the windshield mount. However, they are now $600+ which I think is way over priced.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...