Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hang Time

aparks87

Hey guys I'm trying to increase my hang time while wakeboarding. I'm able to clear wake to wake with out any difficulty but can't seem to get any height. I'm being pulled at around 22 mph and my rope length is probably 70'. I going to try to shorten up the rope, but didn't know if anyone else had any suggestions. I've got a 2000 Malibu and the wedge is down.

Thanks for the tips!

Without seeing any video of you, I can only give general tips.

You don't want to take a super agressive cut toward the wake if you want to go UP, you have to take a nice smooth cut and focus on "olleying" toward the opposite rear corner of the boat. There's a nice video on www.learnwake.com that gives the different approaches for different wake jumps. I would take a look at that.

Put some video up!

There's a nice video on www.learnwake.com that gives the different approaches for different wake jumps. I would take a look at that.

Agree. Go to Learnwake.com.

You aren't "Standing Tall". It means you are bending your knees while going over the wake. Most of the vertical forces are being absorbed by your legs.

The other video to look for is called the "book". The most humbling experience is videoing yourself skiing/riding, also puts things into more of a perspective what your doing or not doing.

learnwake.com and The Book are done by the same folks at The Wakeboard Camp in Clermont, FL. May want to consider going to the camp if you are able to - best money you'll ever spend! Their website will show you the difference between distance (progressive approach) and height (ollie approach). I agree with the suggestion of filming yourself to see what you're actually doing at the approach. Sometimes you may think you're doing something like standing tall when you're not. Bear in mind that most videos that show riders blasting into the heavens are filmed with boats that are sacked out with extra ballast.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't have any video of myself, but I'll definitely check out those links to the videos. I can tell ya right now that I'm probably not "standing tall" as they say and that my legs are absorbing the force. If I'm able to get some video, I'll upload it. Many thanks again!!!

martinarcher

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't have any video of myself, but I'll definitely check out those links to the videos. I can tell ya right now that I'm probably not "standing tall" as they say and that my legs are absorbing the force. If I'm able to get some video, I'll upload it. Many thanks again!!!

Don't worry it's really easy to forget and bend your knees when your learning to pop off the wake. Keep that handle at your lead hip and your legs nice and straight and you'll be amazed what that line tension can do! Thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...