Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1997 Sunsetter Lx

Dunski

not finished yet but we are getting close. couple of snags. we had to ship the motor box cover back to Chee because it was sewn incorrectly. The rest of the skins were amazing. The carpet was by far the most labor intensive

post-10803-0-40751900-1337912291_thumb.j

back...tomorrow we will rebuild the cover over the exhaust with aluminum plate then carpeted

post-10803-0-26479500-1337912344_thumb.j

Edited by Dunski

bow...not finished botling down yet. the seat will snug up to the wall.

post-10803-0-79493300-1337912455_thumb.j

Edited by Dunski

WOW!!

What an improvement! That's really looking nice. The carpet and skins look great. You must be pretty pumped about this. You mentioned replacing the access cover to the exhaust. Can you offer any details on that?

WOW!!

What an improvement! That's really looking nice. The carpet and skins look great. You must be pretty pumped about this. You mentioned replacing the access cover to the exhaust. Can you offer any details on that?

I sure can. And I will post the finished pics when we get back Monday night. We are headed down to Belize this morning for a quick weekend trip.

We bought 1/4 inch aluminum plate at a metal shop. Then screwed on 3/4 inch aluminum square hollow tubing around the edge and one support down the middle. Total cost was 80 bucks and now you could tap dance on that cover. Turned out very strong. We also added an extra handle just for ease in accessing it.

Yes, WOW!. Thanks for taking all the great pics. Looking really good, that's a big project, but looks like your doing a great job. The feeling after completing a project like this is second to none in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go. Sorry I was gone so long. Been pretty busy around here. I guess I signed up for to many projects. Anyways Belize was awsome. We flew into Belize City then took a water taxi out to the keys. Stayed in San Pedro. It was a perfect weekend trip. We came back engaged! Planning to get married in January down in the Caribbean. It should be a blast.

Back to the boat. What a project. I guess I should already know to triple the expected work on any project. This thing was a bear, but we had a great time doing it. I wish we would of done it during the winter, but we didn't. Here are some more pictures closer to the finished project. I had to return the motor box cover to Chee. There was some messed up stiching. Also he didn't send the netting for all of the pockets. That held us up a bit. I guess it was mis-communication. All in all his work is amazing. A little hard to uderstand him but does what he says he is going to. I would definitley use his services again.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110960321219071683746/Refurb2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

let me know how the pics look. Also somehow I must have nicked a wire somewhere. None of the lights in the boat seem to be working since I finished. Not sure if it was bad timing and the circuit breaker went bad or if I hit a wire. We will figure it out though.