Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Évolution Cover

michel

Has anybody from Canada bought an evolution cover? Cory accept only check, and in advance, no credit card.

It seems a little strange in 2012. In that way, no risk for the seller and all risk for the buyer should the cover get lost or never been sent.

I know i may sound suspicious, but with all the awful stories of people being stolen on the internet, i just want to be reassured about such a procedure.

Also, has anyone ever had a problem of discoration of the vinyl of the sun deck with a dark color (vs grey color) evolution cover ? It seems higher temperature affects the glue of the vinyl of older malibu boats ( like year 2000).

I have bought an evolution from Cory. He is fantastic to deal with. You will not be ripped off. There are several Canadian members that have bought covers from him

Good luck

Trent

:yahoo:

Has anybody from Canada bought an evolution cover? Cory accept only check, and in advance, no credit card.

It seems a little strange in 2012. In that way, no risk for the seller and all risk for the buyer should the cover get lost or never been sent.

I know i may sound suspicious, but with all the awful stories of people being stolen on the internet, i just want to be reassured about such a procedure.

Also, has anyone ever had a problem of discoration of the vinyl of the sun deck with a dark color (vs grey color) evolution cover ? It seems higher temperature affects the glue of the vinyl of older malibu boats ( like year 2000).

I have ordered one for my new Bu from Cory - shipping to Australia. It hasn't arrived yet but I am getting updates from the USPS on its progress so I am not concerned. I did a direct bank transfer to save the pay pal fees. Cory seems to provide excellent customer service - I guess I will know one way or the other in a few days when it arrives. Hopefully early next week as we get the boat this Sunday!!

I have ordered one for my new Bu from Cory - shipping to Australia. It hasn't arrived yet but I am getting updates from the USPS on its progress so I am not concerned. I did a direct bank transfer to save the pay pal fees. Cory seems to provide excellent customer service - I guess I will know one way or the other in a few days when it arrives. Hopefully early next week as we get the boat this Sunday!!

I understand from your answer that paypal is an option. I used it in the past and very confident with it, it protects the consumer. Except that i specifically ask for that mode of payment and answer was by Check only.

Just a guess, but I have seen a few companies refusing to process credit cards &/or Paypal if their profit margins are exceptionally low. The 3% can take a good chunk out if your margins are only 10% or 15%. :crazy:

Plus if they don't do a certain number of billings each month, it can be even higher.

Definitely old school, but not unheard of. And there are enough of his old customers in this forum & the others with good experiences that I wouldn't be concerned.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Just a guess, but I have seen a few companies refusing to process credit cards &/or Paypal if their profit margins are exceptionally low. The 3% can take a good chunk out if your margins are only 10% or 15%. :crazy:

Plus if they don't do a certain number of billings each month, it can be even higher.

Definitely old school, but not unheard of. And there are enough of his old customers in this forum & the others with good experiences that I wouldn't be concerned.

Exactly! No need to worry, Cory will take care of you.

You will not deal with a more stand up guy than Cory. He's as trustworthy as it gets and he's a member and supporter of the crew via giveaways during WOW events. If you have any issues I'll go over to his house and take care of it for you :lol: . Seriously he's about 10 min from me.

+1 on this position. I am not in canada but I sent him a check in the mail and my cover arrived on time (early actually). Fantastic customer service and quality. I took the work of the members here and was in good hands.

Claudio

I am from Vancouver, BC and I ordered and picked up my cover from Cory earlier this month. Cory did not even want a deposit from me since I was going to pick it up from him directly, so if I didn't pick it up he would of be out the material and time. Anyway, I met him and he is a stand up honest guy so listen to the rest of us and just order the cover.

My cover is black but we don't get the constant heat like peeps down south.

• 1 month later...

discoloration has nothing to do with who makes the cover. I have talked to other owners getting the discoloration with all sorts of colors. It will go away after being in the sun.