Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mothers Vinyl And Rubber Spray Stuff

wakesetter8796

ws, I used to use the Mothers line for pretty much everything, but then fell into the McGuires product line for waxing and Malco Showroom shine for wipe down. The only thing that I have found for the interior that I can "buy locally" and probably will never switch from is the 303. The 303 is kind of hard to find and the only place to buy it is the Baja dealer here in town. I'm sure TNT will have the 303 down there if no one else does. I know the guys on the left coast swear by the Babes products and I might go that route if it werent so expensive to ship. I think that if you compare labels regardless of the maker that the ingredients are going to be very close if not the same and the major difference from one to another is going to be the cost.

Is it just called the 303?

303 Aerospace Protectant

You can find it on the internet. Your best deal is to get it by the gallon. If you have a few friends that want a gallon, you can all "go in" on a case (4 of the 1 gallon jugs) for $160 shipped to your door (that's what I did). There are a number of uses for it besides your boat vinyl.

Well, wdr said that the dealer probably had it, so we might get some since we are actually taking the boat there today. That is a good idea though.

ws, I used to use the Mothers line for pretty much everything, but then fell into the McGuires product line for waxing and Malco Showroom shine for wipe down. The only thing that I have found for the interior that I can "buy locally" and probably will never switch from is the 303. The 303 is kind of hard to find and the only place to buy it is the Baja dealer here in town. I'm sure TNT will have the 303 down there if no one else does. I know the guys on the left coast swear by the Babes products and I might go that route if it werent so expensive to ship. I think that if you compare labels regardless of the maker that the ingredients are going to be very close if not the same and the major difference from one to another is going to be the cost.

For protectant I've used both Babes and 303, I prefer 303 as to me it keeps the shine an repels water longer. The quick detail from babes is great if the boat has only been in a clean lake. We use that at the launch ramp after wipe downs. The other Babes stuff works well except the waterspot remover.

303 also has a cleaner which smells suspiciously like a few other name brand cleaners, but doesn't seem to be as harsh a cleaner and a water repellent spray which takes almost 1 whole bottle to do my bimini. First time I have used the wp spray so I don't know how well it will work but better than nothing.

I have found that if you use those Mr Clean white cleaning sponges and a bucket of water, along with some elbow grease, the vinyl will turn out nice. Follow up with the 303.

Edited by Bad Bu

303 man here. Have used the stuff since early 90's and both my previous boats were immaculate for the age and use they were subjected to. Sold my last boat w 1880hrs, 17yrs old and upholstery,window trims ect... were still like new. Like mentioned,buy it by the gallon, you will end up using it on all cars,trucks,atv,utv's ect... FANTASTIC PRODUCT

303 makes a cleaner as well. Yes, I believe 303 Protectorant to be better than Mothers protectorant. Not silicone based. Cleaner better? I would call some upholstery shops and ask, I know a guy who has been doing upholstery work for 40yrs and uses nothing but 303 products for 20+ yrs. He has seen to many "bad results" from some other stuff, escpecially silicone based protectorants. My own results from 303 products speak for themselves. I have a quad that all the fenders ect... are still as pliable as the day it was bought, look great to.