Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Install In Progress And Some ?'s

cstk421

Nice its moving right along.

Yeah slowly but surely...... I have to say I didn't see this task as such a big job. Seems like its taking forever. I am doing a lot at once. Oh well can't wait to hear it.

Claudio

Here are some pics of the box almost done. LIttle bit off sanding tomorrow and another coat !

dsc04437o.th.jpg

dsc04430y.th.jpg

dsc04436l.th.jpg

dsc04435e.th.jpg

dsc04434j.th.jpg

dsc04433g.th.jpg

dsc04432y.th.jpg

dsc04431h.th.jpg

Edited by cstk421

Yeah I thought it would be a tight fit of I put the other one in. Do you feel it's really necessary ? What's the risk without ? I can still put it in if I have to.

Thoughts ?

Claudio

You can get away with it since the port is supporting the left panel, but you have all the time and money into this not to go

100 percent

Had a feeling you would say that. I will add it tomorrow and finish it up. I have to put the connector ports in anyway when they arrive monday.

Thanks,

Claudio

Hey how are you fastening the false face ? Is it attached to the face of the box ? Is it floating ? I was thinking of velcro it to the face?

Claudio

Claudio- what sub do you plan on running and how many watts?

The reason I ask is you have sharp corners and 90degree angles on your port, on both sides and in the middle at that 90deg turn.. depending on how much excursion you get and how much air it pushes, you can get some nasty port noise. It can end up sound wheezy and asthmatic.

If you find you have port noise, you will need to go back ot with a router or sander and round over all those 90 deg edges at the entrance and exit of the port.

The inside 90 should have a 45 piece and he Is correct if the port edges aren't rounded over

I haven't had a chance to look at larger pics on the computer

Edited by my malibu

Exactly on the 45 piece.... With him already having the box together getting that in there right would be a nightmare. Rounding over the outside entrance shouldn't be too hard....rounding over those corners on the inside entrance to the vent may take some effort and time with a sanding block in the confined space.

Yeah I have the 45 piece for the inside corner so no problem there. Gonna round off all the edges tomorrow and put in the 2nd dowel.

And here I thought I was done !

Claudio

Claudio- what sub do you plan on running and how many watts?

The reason I ask is you have sharp corners and 90degree angles on your port, on both sides and in the middle at that 90deg turn.. depending on how much excursion you get and how much air it pushes, you can get some nasty port noise. It can end up sound wheezy and asthmatic.

If you find you have port noise, you will need to go back ot with a router or sander and round over all those 90 deg edges at the entrance and exit of the port.

Exile XI12D by the way. I am making those changes by the way thanks for the info.

Claudio

More pics. Box is pretty much done (waiting for connector posts). Wiring the amps and distro box was hell. Those 4 gauge cables are really hard to get fitting right in the amps and such, of course I could be doing it wrong.... Anyway hopefully my install will be done this week !

Claudio

dsc04451c.th.jpg

dsc04450x.th.jpg

dsc04449nj.th.jpg

dsc04448d.th.jpg

dsc04447i.th.jpg

dsc04446a.th.jpg

dsc04443t.th.jpg

dsc04442x.th.jpg

dsc04441a.th.jpg

dsc04440lu.th.jpg

dsc04438j.th.jpg

More updates. Got the posts in the Sub box (very nice by the way). Dropped in some poly-fill. On a unrelated note pics of my board racks are included ! Had them powder coated black to solve the polished aluminum crappy look problem.

Claudio

dsc04464e.th.jpg

dsc04463v.th.jpg

dsc04462x.th.jpg

dsc04461i.th.jpg

dsc04459q.th.jpg

dsc04458d.th.jpg

dsc04457z.th.jpg

dsc04456i.th.jpg

dsc04455o.th.jpg

dsc04454y.th.jpg

dsc04453n.th.jpg

dsc04452m.th.jpg

Well finally connected everything and got it running. Very exciting ! Lot's of cables need to be organized and lot's of tuning needs to be done. Videos posting next !!

Claudio

dsc04479gh.th.jpg

dsc04478r.th.jpg

dsc04477d.th.jpg

dsc04476zz.th.jpg

dsc04475c.th.jpg

dsc04474s.th.jpg

dsc04473l.th.jpg

dsc04465q.th.jpg

dsc04466ua.th.jpg

dsc04467rr.th.jpg

dsc04468ak.th.jpg