Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone Lemon Law A Malibu

Help us help you....what's the problem and we'll point you in the right direction. From what I've seen, Malibu's customer service is top notch, and their warranty dept. is very fair. Prove me wrong, I bet we don't hear another word from the OP....

My guess is a bad dealer??

mine 2.Excperience on this subject tells me he is going to take it in the draws...& like it:(

the cost of almost any litigation far out weighs the claim on a boat.....not to mention the up hill ,long,road to the unsure end.

plus at the end you will hate your passion......boating,water sports.

Well ACCORDING to their profile information they have an 08 247 hammerhead. I'm pretty sure lemon laws only apply when you buy something brand new and it sucks from the start.

*IF* the OP isn't just trolling lets lend an ear folks. Nobody would want to be on the receiving end of buying any of the boats in the top 3 and getting the short end of the stick. I think this is an acceptable first post if this is someone's first malibu and this is the first experience they've had.

That being said, we need some more information, OP. The only thing bad about this post is you didn't provide any additional detail on the back story. A lot of people will be in disbelief unless you can hash out what the deal is. I do remember one other person a while back who posted a very long detailed post about all the things that went wrong with their bu but some of it was just ridiculous and objectively the owners fault.

I can certainly say negative opinions are rare about malibu's (unless you have owner goggles). PS Lets not try to bash on MC, not ALL MC owners are snobs and objectively they make a nice boat that throws a good wake - it just might not be our personal taste ;)

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Well ACCORDING to their profile information they have an 08 247 hammerhead. I'm pretty sure lemon laws only apply when you buy something brand new and it sucks from the start.

*IF* the OP isn't just trolling lets lend an ear folks. Nobody would want to be on the receiving end of buying any of the boats in the top 3 and getting the short end of the stick. I think this is an acceptable first post if this is someone's first malibu and this is the first experience they've had.

That being said, we need some more information, OP. The only thing bad about this post is you didn't provide any additional detail on the back story. A lot of people will be in disbelief unless you can hash out what the deal is. I do remember one other person a while back who posted a very long detailed post about all the things that went wrong with their bu but some of it was just ridiculous and objectively the owners fault.

I can certainly say negative opinions are rare about malibu's (unless you have owner goggles). PS Lets not try to bash on MC, not ALL MC owners are snobs and objectively they make a nice boat that throws a good wake - it just might not be our personal taste ;)

Well put. Lets get some info before the stones start flying.

I may be missing it but I dont see this anywhere above... How about we dont bring it up until someone goes there... and then let the mods handle it.

:thumbup:

I may be missing it but I dont see this anywhere above... How about we dont bring it up until someone goes there... and then let the mods handle it.

:thumbup:

You missed it. Read Fman's post... and MalibuKarl's response

They are referring to the possiblity of a troll, not brand bashing...

Exactly - I didn't have Brand bashing in my thoughts whatsoever. I have freinds that have MC - very nice boat - can't knock them at all. But as someone said above - obviosuly our preference is Malibu :rockon:

it is all fun and games unless you are the guy with the $80,000.00 Bad Bu.

Exactly, some people can't afford brand new, so they have to pay 45k plus on a used with no warranty. And the dealer says "runs great" then you take it out and engine seizes up. I actually started looking into the law when i bought my boat and i took it out thought i was having major trans issues but luckily just a code error.

that aside, tell us ya problem mang!

I was testing the water, because I did get a bad Bu. I'm not a Bu basher, because this was actually my second malibu. The first one was so good, when i bought this last one, i felt guilty even looking at other boats. But let me tell you, I had issues from day one with this 08 247 LSV. Cracked tower, cracked gel coat (X2), transmission problems (beyond the recall throttle issue), stereo issues. Oh, did i mention an oil leak from day one which went back to the shop no less than 5 times. To the point where Indmar started picking up the boat. It was a legit issue, because after numerous letters, calls... Indmar replaced the 383 Hammerhead. Just one problem, it too leaked motor oil into the bilge. At that point they stopped returning calls. I'm not bashing Malibu, but you can imagine my frustration. So I sent this out to see if anyone had a similar issue. It was purchased new.

I've read this forum for years and have received a lot of useful information. After searching (unsuccessfully) for anyone really discussing legal take backs, I decided to jump on and solicit information. The trans. issue scared me to death. With people in the water after a tow, i would spin the boat around for another tow. Every once in while I would go from a slow float into reverse, but nothing would happen. The boat would continues forward. I would have to reset to neutral for a second or two then go back into reverse. It does not sound like a long time, but if you have someone one holding the rope, or someone or something in front of the boat, its a heart attack. Now with the NEW leaking engine, the trans makes a loud spinning noise that was not there previously. Regarding the issued listed, those were just the main ones. The letters sent to Indmar and Malibu were three pages in length.