Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did anyone see Gerry Nunn's boat in the WBM

itch

I like the lights he has on the tower, I am really thinking of upgrading to the LSV.

I was at my dealer this week and he saw I was messing around with the boat designs again.

Boat show baby boat show 2 weeks.

itch

I like the lights he has on the tower, I am really thinking of upgrading to the LSV.

I was at my dealer this week and he saw I was messing around with the boat designs again.

itch

I saw it in the mag, and better yet, RODE behind it last Saturday. Malibu corporate put me in touch with Gerry because I was evaluating a 2006 X-Star that I rode at a camp in December and the LSV which I had never wakeboarded behind. I currently own a 23 XTI that I am trading in after just one season. Outgrew the wake.

Gerry's LSV is a model year 2005 boat with the Titan tower (and Titan lights/speakers....I believe) setup is very nice, but if you notice in the WBM pics, his swim platform is under water. He has 37 lead plates (50 lbs each) in the boat in addition to stock factory ballast AND a 400 lb fatsac in the bow walk-through area. The wake was amazing. I was sold and am going to the Baltimore boatshow today to sign a contract for a new 2006 LSV.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this, since I have been doing some research recently, I may be able to address them.

Cheers-

G-PAC

I'm picking up my LSV next weekend - also an '06 with Titan III tower...

the thing just drives so nice... but 37 lead plates!!?? AND a 400lb fatsac?

The boat I test drove had the stock ballast and wedge - and the wake looked pretty damn nice (haven't rode behind it yet, but I suck anyway).. I could imagine adding a little more weight.. maybe another 500-1000lbs.. but good grief - that's a lot of weight.

"-)

itch

I saw it in the mag, and better yet, RODE behind it last Saturday. Malibu corporate put me in touch with Gerry because I was evaluating a 2006 X-Star that I rode at a camp in December and the LSV which I had never wakeboarded behind. I currently own a 23 XTI that I am trading in after just one season. Outgrew the wake.

Gerry's LSV is a model year 2005 boat with the Titan tower (and Titan lights/speakers....I believe) setup is very nice, but if you notice in the WBM pics, his swim platform is under water. He has 37 lead plates (50 lbs each) in the boat in addition to stock factory ballast AND a 400 lb fatsac in the bow walk-through area. The wake was amazing. I was sold and am going to the Baltimore boatshow today to sign a contract for a new 2006 LSV.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this, since I have been doing some research recently, I may be able to address them.

Cheers-

G-PAC

an additional 2250 lbs. of ballast ? ( I couldn't find a skeptical avatar).

itch

Cheers-

G-PAC

Don't be skeptical, he isn't kidding. I drove his 2005 23 LSV at our clinic this past summer. I was pulling him, so evryone could get their pictures with Gerry on the rope. The first time he went down and I turned around...I thought I was going to the bottom of the lake! Shocking.gif There was a wave flying by the starboard windshield, right past my face. We had 13 people in the boat (plus Tarzan), along with the above mentioned extra weight. The wake was ridiculous...crazy large. As long as you are going straight, it drives great, turning was another story.

I'm picking up my LSV next weekend - also an '06 with Titan III tower...

the thing just drives so nice... but 37 lead plates!!?? AND a 400lb fatsac?

The boat I test drove had the stock ballast and wedge - and the wake looked pretty damn nice (haven't rode behind it yet, but I suck anyway).. I could imagine adding a little more weight.. maybe another 500-1000lbs.. but good grief - that's a lot of weight.

"-)

Hey Big Gator-

Congrats on your new boat. I am curious to know how you optioned it out, do you have pics? I am planning on getting the Hammerhead and power wedge. Curious to know what others are doing with the 2006 LSVs.

As for Gerry's ballast, it is pro level and more than I or most other recreational wakeboarders will ever need. But, as Gerry says, the bigger wake just makes things (i.e., big air and tricks) easier. Smaller wake requires more effort. If he could have his way, he would get a 247. Great guy, and awesome teacher. If you get the chance, go to Orlando and spend a couple of days with him learning. I picked up a lot in just a day of rising there.

Good luck!

-GPAC

itch

Cheers-

G-PAC

Don't be skeptical, he isn't kidding. I drove his 2005 23 LSV at our clinic this past summer. I was pulling him, so evryone could get their pictures with Gerry on the rope. The first time he went down and I turned around...I thought I was going to the bottom of the lake! Shocking.gif There was a wave flying by the starboard windshield, right past my face. We had 13 people in the boat (plus Tarzan), along with the above mentioned extra weight. The wake was ridiculous...crazy large. As long as you are going straight, it drives great, turning was another story.

MADMAN-

Thanks for chiming in. The boat definitely struggled when not moving North to South and he needed all of the 450 HPs he has to get on plane. I was actually afraid to drive it and I went down there primarily to test ride and drive the boat.

CHEERS

G-PAC

I wasn't worried until I drove it. I had never driven a boat that weighted down before. But once you see him launch off that wake, it suddenly makes sense. He definitely knows how he wants his boat weighted.

no reason to be skeptical, I was with G-PAC at Gerry Nunn's house and rode behind his boat too. We have pics to prove it. I can attest that the wake is awesome! perfect shape and it just launches you. In the pic in WBM you can actually see two of the 50 lb plates sitting on the floor behind the drivers seat. I can assure you that they are 50 lb plates b/c we had to off-load quite a few of them to set the boat up for wake surfing!

G-pac..

I bought my boat off the showroom floor - it happened to come in pretty much how I'd have ordered it anyway.

Monsoon engine, stock ballast, power wedge, precision-pro speed control... a massive custom stereo...

and most importantly - it's Orange & Blue.

The wake behind the boat with stock ballast and wedge looked plenty big to me...

"-)