Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Orange Top Deck And Interior

davidc22470

Good Morning - does anyone have a picture of a boat with the orange top deck (which would then make the interior orange)? I love orange and I am considering going with the orange top deck but would like to see one prior to doing so to confirm my thoughts. Thanks!

Doesn't have an orange interior but has an atomic orange top deck (2012 VTX). Here is an example of a VTX that has the atomic orange as well but has a different paint scheme (2011 VTX)

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

If you a ordering a boat for yourself and don't intend on selling it in a short time I would do what I like. I see a lot of boats I would not have ordered but look great.

The one I referenced sold quite quickly so you are not alone in liking Orange. I can't see Orange becoming the same difficult resale as Pink and Teal in 15 years so you should be safe.

The hottest boat on our lake is vapour blue. Orange is another hot colour, just not for everybody. If you want to keep it forever get what you like.

You only live once...get what you want and enjoy. Our vapor blue is not a hot color in resale but we like it and that's all that matters.

I absolutely love your boat. I wish it was mine.

Did somebody say orange...?

160627.jpeg

160628.jpeg

160629.jpeg

160630.jpeg

I'm a blue person but I have to admit that orange interior is hot! I wish the piping was also orange.

Edited by Jimmypooh

I was talking to my local dealer about boat colors recently. They told me that the two hardest color boats to resell are orange and green. Red and any color of blue are the easiest.

You know.. I NEVER see black combo'd with green and I always wondered why. Since I'm in the minority and really want a black and green colored boat, I WILL never understand why. I mean it's one of the primary colors for crying out loud. What sells the best? Red and Blue. Whats the third primary color? Green! I mean orange, teals, pinks, magenta's, or any other color could be labeled "uncommon" since it's not a primary color you see everywhere (I have nothing against orange btw).

Is there a reason I don't know about that people don't like green? I can offer up some info about white.. I wouldn't want to buy a boat hull with white on it because any lakes that aren't nice and clear get a scummy waterline really fast and that brown water line looks absolutely terrible against white, but blacks and other dark colors mask it better.

Any hidden reason why green is so uncommon / resells so poorly? My dream is to one day be able to buy a boat brand new and have it black and green. I'm not sure that day will ever come, but I'll still dream!

Edit: I'm an idiot and was thinking primary colors were the RGB values I use so often in coding, my wife promptly informed me yellow was the other primary color. I'll leave my normal post up so people can make fun of me :D

Edited by wakeboarder3780

You only live once...get what you want and enjoy. Our vapor blue is not a hot color in resale but we like it and that's all that matters.

Vapor blue is easy to sell.You just have to make sure you show it on the water. It is one of those colors that is hard to grasp on the trailer and looks AWESOME on the water. I know my dealer had on in black and Vapor it sat on the lot for a long time. Then they did a demo day on the water and the boat sold in the first 2 hours.

You know.. I NEVER see black combo'd with green and I always wondered why. Since I'm in the minority and really want a black and green colored boat, I WILL never understand why. I mean it's one of the primary colors for crying out loud. What sells the best? Red and Blue. Whats the third primary color? Green! I mean orange, teals, pinks, magenta's, or any other color could be labeled "uncommon" since it's not a primary color you see everywhere (I have nothing against orange btw).

Is there a reason I don't know about that people don't like green? I can offer up some info about white.. I wouldn't want to buy a boat hull with white on it because any lakes that aren't nice and clear get a scummy waterline really fast and that brown water line looks absolutely terrible against white, but blacks and other dark colors mask it better.

Any hidden reason why green is so uncommon / resells so poorly? My dream is to one day be able to buy a boat brand new and have it black and green. I'm not sure that day will ever come, but I'll still dream!

Edit: I'm an idiot and was thinking primary colors were the RGB values I use so often in coding, my wife promptly informed me yellow was the other primary color. I'll leave my normal post up so people can make fun of me :D

My dealer has black and green boats all the time. I added some new pictures of my metallic orange to the 2012 VTX thread. I will show you how much orange ends up inside. I thinkl it looks awesome in the walkway and along all the edges. I will get more pictures at a later date when I bring the new one home.

Trent

Edited by Malibuzer

You know.. I NEVER see black combo'd with green and I always wondered why.

Since you guys did a great job of finding orange boats for the OP I'll derail this a bit.

While I wouldn't gravitate towards a green boat myself, they certainly make an impression when I see them. Two of my favorites that immediately pop into my head every time someone mentions green are ScooterM's XStar (which I can't load a photo of) and Dexter's:

post-12034-0-23869100-1332427968_thumb.j

And Jimmypooh said something about vapor blue. It's a great color that looks better the more of it you use:

post-12034-0-11717400-1332428282_thumb.j

Edited by jk13

The two best boat colors IMO are 1)yellow and 2)orange. Definitely go orange, just make sure to have very little black with it, more orange and white than orange and black. IMO. IFXE nailed it.

Dexters has been the only one I've seen so far and it's nearly exactly what I would get. Maybe a tad more green but what a 'bute!

Some day I swear I'll be able to get a black and green one... or maybe i should PM dexter and tell him to get a hold of me when he's willing to unload it :D

Haha, thanks for the good words on the boat wakeboarder! I'm afraid we won't be selling any time soon. The Vlx is perfect for us, and I don't forsee our crew getting bigger. But you never know, malibu could come up with something we couldn't live without. I also saw a pretty nice black/green boat in the classified section in the last week or so. As for the orange combos, I really like orange and black together. Here is one that caught my eye a while back:

As I recall, that Lsv sufferred some damage during shipping, but a gorgeous boat nontheless.