Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got My New Evolution Cover !

cstk421

No there are not openings for the gas caps. Don't see why I would have it covered if I will be putting gas in it ? If I was at that stage I should be near dropping it in the water. A small item I guess, you could always ask Cory and see if thats possible. I would imagine his response would be "No, that won't work because it will take away from the integrity of the cover" as he stands by his work and wouldn't let something that small be a quality factor.

Claudio

Just ask cory for some extra material and take it to your local shop. I had cutouts for my cleats as well as the gas caps put it.

I think another big draw (at least for me it was) that with the evolution cover there was no puddle poles or straps to strap to the fender or other places. I see the OP here had a strap running on his but this is not true of mine. Because I park my boat slightly downhill (very slightly) I experienced some pooling. Cory was quick to add a tower strap loop (so I can run a bungee from the tower to the cover to keep it up. Much less of a nuisance and only had one puddling incident where it was my own fault since (i dove under the cover for something and forgot to resnap the cover. I am hoping I have the issues ironed out now, but I do have to say it is a good qaulity cover and cory and I have worked through some issues and he was phenominal about it. I wouldn't ever go to another cover manufacturer just from his support of his product alone. It's great to see someone who ACTUALLY stands behind their product. The marketplace needs more companies like that.

Hopefully this helps you understand more of the "why" instead of just a cult following.