Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got My New Evolution Cover !

cstk421

What's with the snap on flap on the transom? Mine doesn't have that.

I asked cory about a skirt for the sides (which obviously didn't work out) and something to cover the transom from the sun and other elements. He said he would put a simple snap on flap for me and there you have it ! If you are interested in something like that he told me I could have someone local just make me a flap from sunbrella material and sew in the snaps but I chose to have him do it for me.

Claudio

So, not to be a buzz kill, because that is not my in tension, but what is so great about his covers? My buddy got one and I really don't understand why it doesn't cover at least to the rub rail of the transom. It also appears to be more light weight than my sunbrella cover. I understand to each his own, but the evolution seems to get a lot of press here in the forums. Again, not trying to ruffle feathers, just looking for a reason other than just "they are great"

So, not to be a buzz kill, because that is not my in tension, but what is so great about his covers? My buddy got one and I really don't understand why it doesn't cover at least to the rub rail of the transom. It also appears to be more light weight than my sunbrella cover. I understand to each his own, but the evolution seems to get a lot of press here in the forums. Again, not trying to ruffle feathers, just looking for a reason other than just "they are great"

Give one a try and be the judge yourself..For me I can tow with it, doesnt pool, very duarable, I would not say light weight at all, and for me covering the rub rail of the transom is not a priority, I assume it is for you? Hope this helps...Plus cory is one of the nicest guys you will ever do business with and he will stand behind his product!

Edited by old skool malibu

.......... just looking for a reason other than just "they are great"

Several reasons I can think of, all of which have been mentioned way more often than "they are great".

- The guy has given great customer service time & time again. Not just on this forum but on others too.

- His covers are one of the only covers rated to be on the boat while being towed at freeway speeds.

- NO POLES! And if it's tied down tight, water doesn't pool up. I can't tell you how many times I've walked down to our dock after a rain storm & find 14 boats &/or boat covers full of water & 3 boat covers not pooled up at all & not leaking.

- Sunbrella, Sunbrella, Sunbrella... I can't stress enough that Sunbrella makes the best boat covers. Evolution & Rankin are made of Sunbrella. My current cover is 7 yrs old, doesn't leak & it's not faded, even though it lives outside about 70% of it's life.

Congrats on the new cover Claudio. Looks great. I've seen the rear apron done a few times. I don't have one, and haven't really found a need for one. But I realize some people have the situation to need it. And the fact that you can snap it on or off is the ultimate in flexibility.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

This is why...

Customer service is a big factor with any company, so fair enough.......

I disagree. Some companies dont know what the words "customer service" mean, Cory does and he is a master of it.

Edited by old skool malibu

Is there an opening for the gas caps? If not, how do I fill up w/out removing the cover??

No there are not openings for the gas caps. Don't see why I would have it covered if I will be putting gas in it ? If I was at that stage I should be near dropping it in the water. A small item I guess, you could always ask Cory and see if thats possible. I would imagine his response would be "No, that won't work because it will take away from the integrity of the cover" as he stands by his work and wouldn't let something that small be a quality factor.

Claudio

I disagree. Some companies dont know what the words "customer service" mean, Cory does and he is a master of it.

I think he meant that it is a big factor in selecting any company to work with, not that any company sees customer service as important.

Claudio

Several reasons I can think of, all of which have been mentioned way more often than "they are great".

- The guy has given great customer service time & time again. Not just on this forum but on others too.

- His covers are one of the only covers rated to be on the boat while being towed at freeway speeds.

- NO POLES! And if it's tied down tight, water doesn't pool up. I can't tell you how many times I've walked down to our dock after a rain storm & find 14 boats &/or boat covers full of water & 3 boat covers not pooled up at all & not leaking.

- Sunbrella, Sunbrella, Sunbrella... I can't stress enough that Sunbrella makes the best boat covers. Evolution & Rankin are made of Sunbrella. My current cover is 7 yrs old, doesn't leak & it's not faded, even though it lives outside about 70% of it's life.

Congrats on the new cover Claudio. Looks great. I've seen the rear apron done a few times. I don't have one, and haven't really found a need for one. But I realize some people have the situation to need it. And the fact that you can snap it on or off is the ultimate in flexibility.

Thanks I really like it so far. Hoping to see it perform in a couple of days when we have rain as that has been the biggest problem with the factory cover (pools, wet carpet, wet equipment). Another thing that was fantastic was I could put it on alone in about 2 minutes as advertised. Quite impressive.

Claudio

Congrats, you will love it! As soon as we bought our 2011 VLX the first thing we bought was a Evolution Cover! I had one on my 99 VLX as well, you will enjoy it!

I had Cory do some custom work on this one, as soon as I get the boat back from the dealer I post some pics.

Again, Congrats!

No there are not openings for the gas caps. Don't see why I would have it covered if I will be putting gas in it ? If I was at that stage I should be near dropping it in the water. A small item I guess, you could always ask Cory and see if thats possible. I would imagine his response would be "No, that won't work because it will take away from the integrity of the cover" as he stands by his work and wouldn't let something that small be a quality factor.

Claudio

he will put the gas cap flaps on.

If you trailer the boat to your local water hole, and you've got an evo cover, why not trailer the boat to the lake with the cover on? I always did. And I frequently kicked myself for not asking for gas cap flaps. Not that it's that big of a deal to loosen up the cover, but it does take an extra 30 seconds.

Our new boat came with a commercial sewing cover (same as malibu factory cover). I miss the evo cover in comparison, but I do appreciate the gas cap flaps and the cut outs for the cleats, so we can cover the boat when we moor it. Pretty sure cory will put those cut outs in too if you ask him.

Edited by shawndoggy

Yeah, I didn't mean every company values customer service as that is far from the truth. As I said originally, I was just looking for some feed back to what makes their covers so great. I wasn't attacking the product or people. Although I have to admit, with the following they appear to have, there was a part of me that knew some would take it as a less than favorable question.... But I guess if one has quite the following as they do, they must be doing something right

he will put the gas cap flaps on.

If you trailer the boat to your local water hole, and you've got an evo cover, why not trailer the boat to the lake with the cover on? I always did. And I frequently kicked myself for not asking for gas cap flaps. Not that it's that big of a deal to loosen up the cover, but it does take an extra 30 seconds.

I agree that the gas cap flaps are nice. A number of years ago I had a cover made by a local Seattle shop, Sunbrella with a gas cap flap, unfortunately it also used support poles to keep from pooling up too. The issue I had with the gas cap flaps was if I ever had a problem at the gas pump where it burped up some gas, it would get it on the cover a bit. Then I'd have to clean it really good to get the stank out.

So no loss if you don't have them in my book. Takes a minute to loosen the strap around the gunnels, and one corner strap & lift up the corner of the cover. But then it's up out of the way. :rockon:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Got one...need to get the boat back from dealer. I'll post some pics once I put it on.

Gotta love Cory!

As for all the flaps he will put any thing in/on your cover that he feels will work. Did any of you know he is now making swim step covers?

• 1 month later...

I bet the wife was like "Really? You are going outside to video your boat cover in the rain?"

That cover works exactly how a cover should, very nice. Hoping to get one at the end of the season.