Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Trip Of The Season

2009operator

Less than 5 days and counting my crew and I leave for Parker, AZ to start the summer season.......None of us have ever been there but we were able to score a place right on the water with a private dock. Are there any places you guys know of that we should check out for sure and are any spots better than others for surfing along the river. Just so you guys know it will be three couples and a 6 month old kiddo......but we are all looking forward to finally starting surfing again. Thanks for any advice on places to see down there!

Parker gets busy on the weekends and can be windy! Where on the river are you staying? The best place to ride will be towards bluewater. If I go there, I will wake up early, ride and then hit up badenochs on the river (for breakfast). The water gets pretty shallow about a half mile from the havasu dam. I know the area pretty well, so if you have questions let me know.

Yea, if you don't know the river, I don't think I'd go anywhere near the Havasu dam. The shallow area ELC mentions is a sharp corner & you have to stay in a certain part of the river...... it's a little hairy if you don't know the area.

Last time I was there the river in front of the Blue Water was a no wake zone. But once you idle out a 1/2 mile or so, you can surf or ride for miles.

Should be some SkySki riders in the area too. The strip is the birthplace of the sit down hydrofoil. Used to you could stop by Mike Mack's Arizona Shores hotel & get lessons or a room or whatever. We've had a lot of fun there over the years. But Mike retired & is living in Huntington Beach ..... surfing for real now.

Have fun on the Strip! Just be very aware of everything around you! And keep the drinkin down till you off the boat.... the cops have a big presence there..... and for good reason. It's been a crazy, dangerous place over the years.

Yea, if you don't know the river, I don't think I'd go anywhere near the Havasu dam. The shallow area ELC mentions is a sharp corner & you have to stay in a certain part of the river...... it's a little hairy if you don't know the area.

Last time I was there the river in front of the Blue Water was a no wake zone. But once you idle out a 1/2 mile or so, you can surf or ride for miles.

Should be some SkySki riders in the area too. The strip is the birthplace of the sit down hydrofoil. Used to you could stop by Mike Mack's Arizona Shores hotel & get lessons or a room or whatever. We've had a lot of fun there over the years. But Mike retired & is living in Huntington Beach ..... surfing for real now.

Have fun on the Strip! Just be very aware of everything around you! And keep the drinkin down till you off the boat.... the cops have a big presence there..... and for good reason. It's been a crazy, dangerous place over the years.

Yeah the area that I was talking about is just past blue water.

Def be very careful... I have a house in havasu and have been pulled over twice in the last three weeks. Once for a wake in a no wake zone (even though there was 3 ft chop from the wind) and the other for speeding when I was driving (def my fault). Cops will be out in full effect since its spring break.

We have a place out there and get out as often as possible. You should not have any issues with depth between blue water and river lodge. After that, can get hairy toward the dam if you don't know it as others mentioned. There are two sand bars to chill at should you choose, one infront of the bluewater where it can get nice and crazy, and a smaller one right past foxes, where its a little more mellow. Shoot a message if you need any info. Have fun!