Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski Locker Leaking

2002 23lsv

The ski locker has quite a lot of lake water in it everyday we go out. The plug from locker to engine compartment is in place. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you

My boat has had water in the ski locker since taking out of the showroom. Seems very common...and its also tough to even fit a slalom ski in it...

2002 23lsv

The ski locker has quite a lot of lake water in it everyday we go out. The plug from locker to engine compartment is in place. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you

My 06' LXi leaked when I got it, I am 3rd owner. Mine is a DD, so may be different layout then yours. In my case the water was leaking around the plug between locker and engine area. Not the plug itself but the housing around the plug. I got it real dry, used hair dryer, and I used waterproof silicon around the plug. Be careful not to silicon the plug in case you do want to take it out. I did it on the ski locker side, I couldn't get to the other side. I let it dry and no more leaks. The way I found it was wait until dark, shut all lights off and shine a bright flashlight from the engine area forward, I could see light coming through around the plug.

• 4 months later...

My locker would fill with water every day too and it drove me nuts until I realized it was leaking around the plug housing as well. Seems silly they don't seal this housing when they install it.

The water, typically, is coming in through the bow eye mounting holes.

I hate to admit it, as Pete's usually right, but I experienced the same problem, but on a very low scale. My bow eye only drips while submerged so it's barely a problem. But I :plus1: that this is a possibility.