Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

In Boat Battery Charger Mounting

Gaffster01

So I am finally picking my boat (A22) up Sat and want to install an inboat batt charger. This my be a dumb question but where and how is the best place to mount it? I know I want it in the passenger locker, but am a little worried about mounting it and going through the fiber glass.

Thanks for your help!

Scott

I have some picks in my boat house. http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/garage/vehicle/50-malibu-wakesetter-vtx/page__tab__mods

I used a nifty plug and located it in the rear locker so I simply lift the hatch and plug it in. http://store.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/product.php?productid=16453&cat=311&page=1

MalibuNation

I've been looking at onboard chargers for awhile now ... one for the boat and one for the truck. With the Promariner they say not to mount it directly to the carpet ... I'm guessing because of the heat. Going to Lowes tomorrow and I'm going to look to see if they have some sort of spacer I can use to give the charger more room to get rid of it's heat. Something to consider.

I've been looking at onboard chargers for awhile now ... one for the boat and one for the truck. With the Promariner they say not to mount it directly to the carpet ... I'm guessing because of the heat. Going to Lowes tomorrow and I'm going to look to see if they have some sort of spacer I can use to give the charger more room to get rid of it's heat. Something to consider.

I think everyone mounts them direct to the carpet. I would not worry about it.

MalibuNation

I think everyone mounts them direct to the carpet. I would not worry about it.

Yeah, thought I'd just throw that out there. As I typed the post I was thinking ... amps get pretty darn hot too and those usually are mounting right on the carpet.

Yeah, thought I'd just throw that out there. As I typed the post I was thinking ... amps get pretty darn hot too and those usually are mounting right on the carpet.

I know when I bought my Exile Amp's that Brian made sure the installer used standoffs to help with the heat.

I mounted my charger on the observer seat wall to the left of the seat back on the glass..

As one other member has already stated, most everyone mounts direct to the carpet. What did surprise me is the Installation Manual for the ProSport20 recommends mounting the charger horizontally but my Malibu dealer mounted it vertically. I checked with Professional Mariner today and they advised that the horizontal mounting was best for heat dissipation but a vertical mount was okay provided there was space to dissipate the heat.

• 6 years later...