Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weight Limit In Transom Locker?

Texoma LSV

Need a little help here. I was getting ready to fill up a newly purchased 540 lb sac for the transom locker in my 11 VLX. Noticed a red warning sticker near the locker hinge that read something like "Weight limit 75 lbs. Not for Ballast". What gives? I read on here all the time about guys loading up with 500+ in the rear locker. Is Malibu just being to cautious or is there something I need to install to make the floor support that kind of weight? Thanks!

I asked the same question when I first added ballast. This is a CYA sticker on Malibu's part. I ran 750's last year with no problems and will be upgrading to 1100's this year. Even with 750's you don't need to reinforce the engine walls. With 1100's you would probably want to.

ryangb posted a common belief that you should make sure the hard tank is filled first to provide a "solid" tank to build off of so you don't crush it. This is a misconception however because the tank is vented. It doesn't matter if it's filled with air or water, it always has the ability to crush. Take solace in the fact that people load up with 1100's without trouble and you're throwing in half that.

The bottom line is you can throw up to 1100 lb bags in there and you're only dealing with 500 and change. No wall reinforcements needs, no need to fill up hard tank first if you don't want to. Carry on :rockon:

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Awesome! Thank you all for the input. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Wake surfing season has now officially begun. Party on Wayne! :thumbup: