Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tandum Axle Trailer Question

BFrank

This is my first tandem axle trailer, question is do the two tires always stay parallel after turning? Mine don't, they do straighten back out. I jacked it up and checked the bearings and all seems good. Am I reading too much into this?

Thanks! I had a bearing go out last year so bad that the wheel fell off of my old boat and trailer, so I was paranoid when I saw they were not in line after a turn!!

My tires were a bit low too so the way mine looked the first time scared the living crap out of me. Then i learned it was "normal" :) Still makes me cringe when I see all the torque on them though. Makes you understand why trailer tires never seem to last very long.

Sorry for the minor hijack:

I notice on tighter turns my tandem goes "cliunk-e-clunk". Is this part of the same non-issue?

Steve B.

i'm guessing you have leaf springs instead of torsion axles?

If yes then I would say yes that is why. I would wait for the second opinion since I'm not a trailer expert.

i'm guessing you have leaf springs instead of torsion axles?

If yes then I would say yes that is why. I would wait for the second opinion since I'm not a trailer expert.

I think it's leaf springs, but not absolutely sure. Thanks,

Steve B.