Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best/longest Lasting Wax For Gel Coat?

What is the best/longest lasting wax for your boat? What will keep the gel coat from oxidizing in the sun for a boat that is kept on a lift?

We've also had excellent results with Nu Finish, but I'm pretty sure the liquid form is supposed to have two coats applied for the 1-year effect. I'm sure Collinite will get a number of nods on here, too.

Thumbs up for Collinite, its expensive and a little difficult to apply but definitely holds up. I usually do two coats in a season, and wipe down after every use with Driven boat wipe.

I have used 303 Aerospace Protectant on my boat hulls (and interiors) for many years and the results have been excellent. The boats have been on a covered dock but exposed to the sun and I usually apply about every 60 days. My previous Malibu looked like new even after seven years and this photo was taken after five years on the lift.

IMG_1558.jpg

Starbrite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF works well for me. I apply a coat twice a year, once in spring and once in

the fall. It's easy to find, relatively inexpensive, and easy to apply.

My boat has lived on a lift at a marina full time since 2006. Gel coat still looks pristine.

Thumbs up for Collinite, its expensive and a little difficult to apply but definitely holds up. I usually do two coats in a season, and wipe down after every use with Driven boat wipe.

Collonite expensive???? Not at all. It's like $15 a bottle... Not the cheapest, but FAR from expensive. Also- if you're having problems applying it/removing it, you're using too much. All it takes is a very thin coat of this stuff. Let it dry, and it buffs off easily with microfiber.

Collonite 845 Insulator Wax is my favorite. Using it on everything now. It's holds up very well. On the boat- we also wipe it down with Hot Sauce after every outing.

Starbrite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF works well for me. I apply a coat twice a year, once in spring and once in

My boat has lived on a lift at a marina full time since 2006. Gel coat still looks pristine.

X2 and 303 Aerospace for the interior....both are great products

It does look GREAT!

On my other boat 99 VLX, it looked great and I used Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax, samething I use on the new one. In addition, I use Flagship Ultimate Quick Wax everytime we come in.

Edited by srintx

Collonite expensive???? Not at all. It's like $15 a bottle... Not the cheapest, but FAR from expensive. Also- if you're having problems applying it/removing it, you're using too much. All it takes is a very thin coat of this stuff. Let it dry, and it buffs off easily with microfiber.

Where do you buy Collinite?

Collonite 845 Insulator Wax is my favorite. Using it on everything now. It's holds up very well. On the boat- we also wipe it down with Hot Sauce after every outing.

Where do you buy Collinite?

http://www.autogeek.net/

Very popular stuff in their forums, and these guys sell EXPENSIVE waxes.... Lots of professional detailers in their forums... Some guys put this stuff up against $80 bottles of wax and prefer it. Now, I've never bought an $80 bottle of wax, but I will say this is the longest lasting, deepest shining wax I've ever used....

Fiberglass boat wax or liquid insulator wax?

I've only used Insulator Wax. I think that's their most popular stuff. I've heard good stuff about their other waxes though...

I think I first heard about it over on the Wakeworld forums. There's a guy on there that details boats, and I think Insulator Wax was his top pick.