Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kickplate Ideas

Fman

I have a blank slate on my kickplate under the drivers helm area. Considering a malibu logo or subwoofer cover. Would a subwoofer cover help project the bass any? I have a 12" wetsounds sub facing towards the kickplate in a seperate box. Does anyone here have any ideas? If you have a picture please post it up!

Thanks.....

I think a blue LED Mailbu on the kickplate would look cool or a WS looks cool in blue LED or a "backlit" WS in plexi on face of kick plate. I will try to find the pic. I would like to do it for my boat. The one I saw was subtle but classy looking WS , like black pexi w blue LED backlit if I remember right.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a custom cut out done on black plexi or hdpe board. It looked like it was maybe an inch or so off the kickplate but I don't know how the lighting was done to get the effect. I would have to experiment with a cardboard cut out and some LED's. The pics I saw may have been on a marine stereo instal site promo pics but I just can't seem to find it. It looked like someone took a WS logo and cut the plexi and they had LED's,somekind of backlighting and it glowed thru the cut outs. Sorry I could not find it as I would like to do it on mine as well. Maybe if we put our heads together we could come up w something. PM me if ya want.

I think a blue LED Mailbu on the kickplate would look cool or a WS looks cool in blue LED or a "backlit" WS in plexi on face of kick plate. I will try to find the pic. I would like to do it for my boat. The one I saw was subtle but classy looking WS , like black pexi w blue LED backlit if I remember right.

I am doing exactly this! I hope to be done by early May and will post up pix when completed. This will be my first build so it will be interesting....

Found this pic,looks interesting,,,

That looks great, I wish they have the newer style Wakestter Logo available to match my 2011. I did not see anything on there website.