Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mercruiser Service Manual #17

All,

I'm a first time boat owner and new to this forum. I recently purchased a 1994 Malibu Skier and would like to get my hands on a service manual for the engine. This boat is equipped with the Mercruiser 350 Magnum Tournament Ski Engine. First and foremost, I plan to do the routine annual maintenance including installing a new impeller. The guy I bought the boat from told me the engine was rebuilt last year. However, I have no way on knowing this for sure. The hour meter still works and reads 596 hours. My main two questions at this point are listed below:

1.) Is there a good site to download a copy of the service manual for this motor or should I source it through a dealer?

2.) Being a first-time boat owner I know very little. Outside of oil changes, tune-ups and annual impeller changes is there anything else I should add to my preventitive maintenance list for this boat?

Any suggestions or feedback you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

jkendallmsce

All,

I'm a first time boat owner and new to this forum. I recently purchased a 1994 Malibu Skier and would like to get my hands on a service manual for the engine. This boat is equipped with the Mercruiser 350 Magnum Tournament Ski Engine. First and foremost, I plan to do the routine annual maintenance including installing a new impeller. The guy I bought the boat from told me the engine was rebuilt last year. However, I have no way on knowing this for sure. The hour meter still works and reads 596 hours. My main two questions at this point are listed below:

1.) Is there a good site to download a copy of the service manual for this motor or should I source it through a dealer?

2.) Being a first-time boat owner I know very little. Outside of oil changes, tune-ups and annual impeller changes is there anything else I should add to my preventitive maintenance list for this boat?

Any suggestions or feedback you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

refer to skidim.com. They'll have everything ya need.

Does your engine have a drain hose..to drain the engine oil? I have a 90 skier, Merc engine with no drain hose....a real pain when it comes time to change the oil.

One of the first things to do is get rid of the points and go with electronic ignition....no more points to mess with, and it'll start and run noticeably better.

Edited by jkendallmsce

It does have a hose to drain the oil. The previous owner added a flush kit also so I can hook a water hose up just in front of the water pump. I took the boat out today and ran it pretty hard for a few hours. Drained about 1/2 tank of gas in the process. I noticed some white exhaust smoke when I hammered the throttle. I also opened the engine compartment after running it awhile and notice some smoke coming out of the breather just above the carb. Is this normal? One last thing, I just bought a new battery and it seems to have a hard time starting the boat. The battery has 500 cold cranking amps. Do I need a larger battery? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Hey I need a owners Manuel for my Malibu response 2002 I never received one from the dealer when I bought it. Munson marine. Also I need to find the right prop size I am currently running a 515 13x12 L and it hits the rev limitor at 42 ish mph. I have over a inch left on the throttle. Any more advice would be great. FYI. I do not have a rpm gauge. My perfect pass is in the spot. Will I need to hook up another rpm gauge to find out my wide open speed. Max rpm. Thanks wayne. I will buy a prop from who ever if it's the right one.

Thanks for the link to the manuals. I couldn't find a manual for the Mercruiser 350 Mag Tournament Ski motor in my 1994 Skier. Is this manual available on this site?

I would recommend a new battery with more than 500 CA more like 750 or 800. I had a 87 nautique that did this and it is steam coming out of the exhaust not smoke.

martinarcher

The full Merc manuals used to be online and able to be downloaded for free, but I think they pulled them all down and now sell them in book form. I pulled the #9 manual for my boat a long time ago - it's huge (1/5 Gig). I wish I would have known - I would have downloaded them all!

• 2 months later...