Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Order

Brent Wall

Congrats, that yellow looks Sharp... The LSV is a sweet ride, looking forward to seeing your pics when you take delivery. The Ispec does no justice for how the boat will look upon delivery.

Oh, I know that lake… :) I see ya sportn’ the wakejak. The metal flake a couple of years ago would have been....hey who brought the 70's back...lol imho it goes really well in certain color combos.

I really like the metal flake, guess I am old school! and thumbs up for the wakejak! It works great on the G3, especially if you have the quad board racks.

Here is the option list right off of the order.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Ballast - Bow Malibu Launch System

(Yellow) Floor - Wet Tek Fiberglass w/Snap-out Carpet (Wakesetters only)

Battery Set Up Option - Option 3

Light - Pop-up Bow

Pull Up Cleats - Two Pair

Wedge - Power

DASH FEATURES

MaliView - 6.5" Display System with Depth Finder

ENGINE FEATURES

Flush Kit - Transom Install

Shaft Seal - Water Cooled

STEREO FEATURES

Sound System - Pack 3

Speakers - 12" Rockford Subwoofer (w/amp)

TRAILER FEATURES

BM - Lighting - Runway

BM - Straps - Transom (Stainless Retractable)

(Yellow) BM - Pin Stripe - Color (1st Color)

(Yellow) BM - Pin Stripe - Color (2nd Color)

BM - Spare Tire - Carrier (Under Hull)

TOWER FEATURES

Bimini - Commercial Sewing for Illusion G3 (Hinged)

Knobs (Pair, G3)

(Black) Mirror - (G3)

I know I could get better stereo gear by doing it myself but since I am now boatless, I want this one to come in "rock n' roll" ready. I don't want to further delay riding time for a stereo install. I can update it at the end of the season.

Also, you may notice that there is no cover on the order. Although it seems that the current generation factory covers have been greatly improved, I'm still drawn to the no poles, no standing water, no ride up, no color bleed, qualities of the Evolution cover. Cory will be getting my order next week.

Edited by Brent Wall

Awesome. I love colored bottoms. In fact I think boats with standard gel bottoms (like mine) look ultra plain and boring in comparison. My next one will sport a black bottom though, but I moor and since she floats it is by far the best color for hiding anything that may start to grow until it gets cleaned off.

Red METALLIC !!! Love the sparkle on the water !!! My ONLY regret (albiet minor) w/ my black/white 2011 247 was not getting the silver metallic near the water line ! :yahoo:

I'm still very happy with my the yellow and moonbeam color choices but after seeing another 23 LSV with a colored hull in the water, I decided to move the yellow from the hull base to hull main. This puts more color above the water line. Here is the new color scheme:

post-8878-0-38060200-1332823333_thumb.jp post-8878-0-45208500-1332823342_thumb.jp post-8878-0-77349800-1332823359_thumb.jp

Two key order details remain:

What color should I order for the swim platform?

What color trailer should I order?

Edited by Brent Wall

That is going to be a great looking boat! I'd go with a black trailer if it was me. Works for ours and yes I realize its 8 years old and a totally different looking/perfomring boat but similar colors.

CIMG0370.jpg

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

I'm still very happy with my the yellow and moonbeam color choices but after seeing another 23 LSV with a colored hull in the water, I decided to move the yellow from the hull base to hull main. This puts more color above the water line. Here is the new color scheme:

post-8878-0-38060200-1332823333_thumb.jp post-8878-0-45208500-1332823342_thumb.jp post-8878-0-77349800-1332823359_thumb.jp

Two key order details remain:

What color should I order for the swim platform?

What color trailer should I order?

that ia a nice..friendly yellow.they always show a wood platform...but can't order,can you?

That is going to be a great looking boat! I'd go with a black trailer if it was me. Works for ours and yes I realize its 8 years old and a totally different looking/perfomring boat but similar colors.

CIMG0370.jpg

Nice!!! Your boat looks great for 8 years old.

I'd go with the platform in moonbeam since that's what it will be up against on the hull. That'll be a great looking boat. I'm assuming you've seen moonbeam in person? Because it looks nothing like the ispec. We have it on our boat and it if you didn't see a white boat next to it, you'd probably mistake the moonbeam for white. If you like the look of the gray color on the ispec I would switch to platinum or one of the other darker colors.

Nice!!! Your boat looks great for 8 years old.

Thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to seeing what yours looks like once its built. As far as swim platform I would match it to whatever color is on the hull right where the platform is attached.

I'd go with the platform in moonbeam since that's what it will be up against on the hull. That'll be a great looking boat. I'm assuming you've seen moonbeam in person? Because it looks nothing like the ispec. We have it on our boat and it if you didn't see a white boat next to it, you'd probably mistake the moonbeam for white. If you like the look of the gray color on the ispec I would switch to platinum or one of the other darker colors.

I know that iSPEC doesn't do a great job representing the actual colors. Fortunately, I was able to see the actual colors on in-stock boats at my dealership. To create my current color configuration...

post-8878-0-24744800-1332947080_thumb.jp

I applied the colors of this Yellow and Moonbeam vRide...

post-8878-0-92657200-1332945992_thumb.jp

to the color pattern of this Yellow and Black 23 LSV...

post-8878-0-98844600-1332946400_thumb.jp

I just used Moonbeam for Deck Base, Deck Accent 2 and Hull Base rather than Ebony. I think the Moonbeam tames the bold bumblebee look a bit.

I thought about using Light Graphite or even Charcoal instead but you do not get as much contrast with the black accent stripes.

Edited by Brent Wall

Wish we had ordered our malibu, wanted to make it match the tow rig and the cars ( grey)

Nice color choice, my jet ski matches it... wanna buy it

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm not the first guy to second guess his color choices. (I read in another thread that someone changed their order 5 times before their spray date). I want to stay with the yellow, black, charcoal and moonbeam theme but I'm second guessing the particular pattern.

I started off with this:

post-8878-0-21515600-1334515915_thumb.jp

but changed it to this:

post-8878-0-89571200-1334515924_thumb.jp

because I wanted more color above the water line.

However, I'm now concerned that the ledge of yellow at the front the boat doesn't look exactly right:

post-8878-0-55334100-1334515934_thumb.jp

So here are the latest possibilities:

post-8878-0-34035600-1334515943_thumb.jppost-8878-0-59212700-1334515965_thumb.jp post-8878-0-91775600-1334515973_thumb.jp

I know that iSPEC isn't the best at representing the colors on a new boat but I have pictures of an actual boat for the first two options. I guess there is something to be said for the safety of having seen an actual boat with your color pattern.

Am I just having color selection jitters or should I make a change? My spray date is still 3 weeks away so I assume making a change will not be a problem.

I vote black and driftwood. I definitely lean towards the clean, classic lighter colors. I like how they look on the water and how much easier they are to maintaine. I am also 40 years old, don't care for bling wheels on any vehicle or trailer, it looks ghetto to me. Twenty years ago I might have thought it was cool.

Good luck with your color, either way its going to look great!

Hey.. I saw you had the wakejak on your G3 tower and I had a question for you. Do you find that there's any issue with tension or jerkiness of the line since the line can't swivel back and forth on the towpoint like it usually does? I just got the wakejak (mainly to use for a camera)... and didn't particularly like how the rope cinched down on it. Any thoughts? Do you wear through a towline faster? Thanks. Troy (sorry... tried to send you a PM but I think your box is full)

I know I'm not the first guy to second guess his color choices. (I read in another thread that someone changed their order 5 times before their spray date). I want to stay with the yellow, black, charcoal and moonbeam theme but I'm second guessing the particular pattern.

something to be said for the safety of having seen an actual boat with your color pattern.

Am I just having color selection jitters or should I make a change? My spray date is still 3 weeks away so I assume making a change will not be a problem.

I like #2 also. One thought if you are doing an optional yellow for the top deck.... there will be some yellow at the base of the walkthrough. My dealer pointed that out to me when I ordered mine. Don't know if that would be an issue for your interior. One more thought... unless you really like the big wakesetter word on the outside... have them leave those decals off... or ship them separately. It's a lot easier to wax... and if you're into a more clean line you might like it. Your dealer can always put the stickers on later. Great looking boat. Enjoy! Also... if you can't decide between the progressive or classic color choices I've read on here that you can special order a blend between the two.