Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview Update And Removal

bobbysky

My dealer is a ways away and I'm trying to get the latest update for the maliview on an 09 23 lsv. My current version is a11. Also I'm trying to figure out how to replace the RCA cable on my maliview. How do I go about getting the maliview out so I can replace the cable. Thanks for your guys help. If someone can email me the update that would be great Robert at bobbysky .dot com

Bobby, I just finished replacing the dash cover (warranty work) on my '10 LSV. The dash pad is a easy job if you have little girl hands otherwise not so much so as the whole dash is put together then screwed on as one main piece. This is how I did mine. One phillips screw holds the upper top of the MV pod/bezel ring (phillips) center mass of the MV and secures the top of the gage pod and bezel to the upper dash pad. 2x screws w/ washers and nuts hold the btm of the pod. Get on you back and look up into the dash just on either side of the steering column. Once you have those loose the sketchy stuff begins. If you have plastic caps to slide onto the bolts that hold the btm of the gage pod, definately put them on otherwise tape the screw ends to save yourself some grief/scuffed up dash pad. Lift up on the upper dash pad cover above the pod and roll the top of the pod out, then pull up and out to remove the pod/bezel. Depending on your options there will be a tach cable, speedo cable, L/R cables for the MV display buttons and the Blue MV display cable (just a push in type no retainer) and another unused cable which I assume is for a camera or GPS. Follow the other end of the blue cable to the Medallion box to pull it out. The entire upper dash pad is held on by 2x phillips head screws on each front corner and 2x bolts w/nuts in the rear. Really no reason to take the dash pad off as you can't get it back on with the MV pod in place there is no room to reach in to secure the hardware (I couldn't figure anyway). Reverse the procedure to put it back in. Tape or put caps on the screws at this time if you haven't alreadfy done so!!! The lower screws will flex some to help get the pod in, and it is a nerve racking procedure as it looks like it might break. If you have any question shoot a PM, Good luck Bill.

What is your driver to update Maliview? Unless you have a strong need to do it I would suggest you leave it as is. I think updating Maliview may have been one of the route causes for my wedge problems but who knows. I know my dealer avoids updating Maliview at all costs. Just my 2 cents..