Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response Fxi

tarzan

Edwin is right.

there is just no money in it for the manufactures except for the true bouy boats.

I miss the old wakesetter 23 TXI though. 2008 TXI is my favorite boat out there.

if you're looking for a brand new DD and not just a ski machine. tige still makes one that is a do it all with ballast.

The 20 LSV and VTX 3D share the same size and running surface as the FXI. The wake performance for skiing on those boats made the FXI a tough sell for a crossover boat to families. The DD layout just isn't very spacious when you have a few kids, their friends, tubes and so on.

I was actualling looking at the FXI versus our LXI in 2009. To me the FXI had slightly worse wakes with the same space and was more expensive. I agree it is a good boat, I wish I had the extra freeboard now that we are surfing but the market just went away from DD crossovers as others stated.

Yep, it's all been said and I agree with the comments above, but I'm with you tarzan. I love my FXI, and I'm really glad Malibu made it while they did. At least a few of us are fortunate enough to have one! :rockon:

....the market just went away from DD crossovers as others stated.

Very true. MC designed the X14 as a crossover DD. It wasn't long before they came out with the X14V. Even though the X14 DD is still available, you won't find one anywhere. I believe most of the sales have shifted to the X14V.

Love mine. Great slalom wake for the size and weight and deep enough to have kids on board in rougher water and not worry about someone falling overboard. I'd love the space of V drive but no plans to make a move.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all. I am pretty fussy with my ski wakes and have to say the fxi did every thing they advertised on the tin and some for me. As a skier as much as I like the v drive set up the wake behind the vtx just isn't the same.

Very true. MC designed the X14 as a crossover DD. It wasn't long before they came out with the X14V. Even though the X14 DD is still available, you won't find one anywhere. I believe most of the sales have shifted to the X14V.

Here is one X14 Direct.

http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/used-boats/list10/2007-mastercraft-x14-orange-and-white

They are nice looking boats, but have such a low freeboard that they are not very good in rough water