Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stargazer Gps Speed Control - How Difficult?

commodore

Hello,

For those of you that have installed perfect pass on your boat, how hard is it? How long did it take? What if you are mechanically un-inclined.

Just trying to figure out if it is worth the 1.5 hrs of shop labor charges.

Thanks.

I can't see your boat, but 1.5 hrs is very reasonable. I installed it In an older boat with a mechanical throttle & it took about 4 hours. If you have TBWire, it should be quicker, but still have wiring to do.

Hello,

For those of you that have installed perfect pass on your boat, how hard is it? How long did it take? What if you are mechanically un-inclined.

Just trying to figure out if it is worth the 1.5 hrs of shop labor charges.

Thanks.

Not sure about the GPS Stargazer install but I did a Wakeboard Pro install a few years ago and it was very easy. I did not have to install the transducer (used the existing paddle wheel) and it took less than two hours. What made it easy were the detailed instructions and the excellent support from the folks at Perfect Pass to a few questions.

Not sure about the GPS Stargazer install but I did a Wakeboard Pro install a few years ago and it was very easy. I did not have to install the transducer (used the existing paddle wheel) and it took less than two hours. What made it easy were the detailed instructions and the excellent support from the folks at Perfect Pass to a few questions.

Sweet! Thanks for the replies everyone.

i installed perfect pass in my flightcraft sportster 10 yrs ago and it took about 4hrs and i just upgraded my lxi's digital pro to gps stargazer with z box and new multi line display and it took abour 2hrs. very straight forward

and the guys at pp are awesome to deal with

i installed perfect pass in my flightcraft sportster 10 yrs ago and it took about 4hrs and i just upgraded my lxi's digital pro to gps stargazer with z box and new multi line display and it took abour 2hrs. very straight forward

and the guys at pp are awesome to deal with

I would like to know how you like the Z box ? Is it a big improvment over clasic or stargazer ?

havent got to ski it yet need a few more days our course needs a few repairs but i will let you know... i mostly got it because my ski buddy got a 2012 txi with ZO so i wanted it to ski like his and not totally different and

i also liked that the new pp software dosent need magnets