Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 Rlxi Rear Storage Covers Broken

I have a 05 rlxi and the rear storage covers are broken and saging. I have done a little reading and searching. has anyone had these apart. Are they alum honeycomb? or starboard?

not sure what to do. The rest of the boat is in awesome shape. looking for some ideas or someone i can get in touch with to repair or replace them

I have a 05 rlxi and the rear storage covers are broken and saging. I have done a little reading and searching. has anyone had these apart. Are they alum honeycomb? or starboard?

not sure what to do. The rest of the boat is in awesome shape. looking for some ideas or someone i can get in touch with to repair or replace them

Would love to see any responses on this too....as I have one that has a broken corner and sags.

They are the honeycomb aluminum, starboard wouldn't have the structural integrity required.

If you don't want to replace with honeycomb maybe you can fab up a combo aluminum tubing and starboard pad that would work.

Are you the original owner? lifetime warranty on STRUCTURE and hull. They will replace your hatches for free if you were the original owner.

2004-2005 boats had a batch of bad honeycomb aluminum (the structure to your hatch) We replaced quite a few in that generation boat over the years.

-Paul

Are you the original owner? lifetime warranty on STRUCTURE and hull. They will replace your hatches for free if you were the original owner.

2004-2005 boats had a batch of bad honeycomb aluminum (the structure to your hatch) We replaced quite a few in that generation boat over the years.

-Paul

Thanks Paul, this is great info. I never thought about that being part of the structure. Will be visiting my dealer this spring !

Question: on the ones you replaced, do you recall if you were able to reuse the existing vinyl, trim and underside carpeting? or does all of that get replaced when you tear into it to replace the honeycomb

im not the original owner and they have been like that for 2 yrs now i talked to malibu about it about 2 yrs ago sent pics they said they wouldnt warranty it. i dont really care at this point i just want them fixed. I talked to my local

dealer to see if i can order them today but no word back yet?