Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Not Starting

Went to crank boat tonight and nothing. The batteries are charged, battery swithch is on the neutral safety switch clip is on. The only thing we have done was install a new stereo head unit. The odd thing is that when you turn the key the stereo remote and face of the stereo go blank. The new stereo should not have affected this because the old one was a clarion and the new one is a clarion and I used the same harness so I did not rewire anything.

12.4 on volt gauge

No cranking amps. You can see 12 volts but not have cranking amps. Still say bad battery. Also check your ground both at battery and starter.

The starter ground, Pull the starter bolts and clean.

Most good auto stores will run a battery test for free. ( and sell you a new one :biggrin: )

No cranking amps. You can see 12 volts but not have cranking amps. Still say bad battery. Also check your ground both at battery and starter.

The starter ground, Pull the starter bolts and clean.

Most good auto stores will run a battery test for free. ( and sell you a new one :biggrin: )

Pulled batteries and had them tested they tested fine. Cleaned and checked the tightnes of the terminals and still nothing I even pulled the battery swich of the wall and checked the terminals in the switch and they were good. when you turn the key to the start posion you get nothing no sound just silence.

When you say nothing does that mean it doesn't turn over or nothing happens not even gauge flutter?

Perhaps your year no matter but I'm on tapatalk and cant see That

When you turnthe key to the start position you get nothing but silence.

200 dollars later at the mechanic We found the problem. When I took the air filter off I apparently knocked the linkage off the transmission therefore knocking it in gear and causing the neutral safety switch to activate. I feel like an idiot!!